Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Oprah: Racists Have to Die for Racism to End 
    By Noel Sheppard | November 15, 2013 | 12:18

A A

Oprah Winfrey, one of the wealthiest people in the world, is throwing the race card again.
    During an interview with the BBC Friday, she not only said that President Obama is treated with disrespect because he’s black, but also that entire generations of racists are going to have to die for racism to end (video follows with transcript and commentary):
    WILL GOMPERTZ, BBC: The issue of the civil rights movement, and the way that black people around the world are treated, particularly I suppose in, around the world…
    OPRAH WINFREY: Around the world.
    GOMPERTZ: Around the world. Look at place like Russia, it’s, you know…
    WINFREY: Around the world.
    GOMPERTZ: So is this, is this, I suppose from a movie point of view, what the movie and the messages hold and the other movies we were discussing, and “Scottsboro Boys,” are these historical comments or are we still looking at a contemporary issue?
    WINFREY: Good question. Well phrased. Good job. It would be foolish to not recognize that we have evolved in that we’re not still facing the same kind of terrorism against black people en masse as was displayed with the Scottsboro boys. It’s gotten better. Are there still places where people are terrorized because of the color of their skin, because of the color of their black skin? Yes. But there are laws that have allowed us to progress beyond what we saw in the Scottsboro boys and beyond the even the prejudice we see in “The Butler.”
    Notice that Winfrey added "color of their black skin." Why not just leave it as "color of their skin?"
    Why do folks such as her only see racism through the prism of how blacks are treated? By looking at the problem so narrowly, doesn't it make matters worse?

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...#ixzz2kud7KtZj
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Her statement isn't true, long after she dies there will be more flaming racists just like her.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

WINFREY: Are there still places where people are terrorized because of the color of their skin, because of the color of their black skin?
    Hmmm, as in the "Knock-Out Game"...........nobody seems to mention that so far it's exclusively a black-on-white crime that frequently ends in murder.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013...speed=noscript
    (snip)

Media Finally Reports on Fatal Knock-Out Game – Forgets to Mention the Black Mobs Behind the Attacks

(snip)

More Proof That Political Correctness Kills–
    The media is finally reporting on the wave of “knock-out” attacks sweeping the nation.
    But won’t report on the race of the perpetrators – even if it means saving lives.

(snip)

But the corrupt won’t report that the perpetrators are black youths.
    It’s not politically correct… or racist… or something…

(snip)

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Wow, I really care what Oprah thinks.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Can I pick on Oprah without being accused of envy?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Do you envy her money, size or masculinity?

Power CUer
    Interesting take on the situation:

Did Obama ask Oprah to play the race card?
    http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...race_card.html

We know that President Obama is desperate because he has lost the trust of the American people. A majority, according to some polls, believe he deliberately lied about keeping your insurance and doctor. Once the majority doubt his word, all sorts of other ugly questions start getting raised about other claims he has made - about himself, about the country, about the GOP, really, about everything that has come out of his mouth.

When in crisis, the habitual trump card of race gets played. And who better to play it than Oprah Winfrey, who is loved and trusted, especially by the female demographic that provides Democrats their winning margin....

Richard Baehr writes to me:

"I am convinced that Oprah's it-is-all-racism complaint was made because Obama put her up to it. Besieged on all sides, this is what he has left to give him some breathing room. Charles blow and others were quick to pick up on it

There are scholarly papers -- serious ones -- that suggest that Oprah's support for Obama drove enough white women (her largest fan base) away from Clinton, to get Obama nominated in 2008. The estimate is one million. The two had the same total popular votes in 2008 -- Clinton a bit more in primary states, and Obama with more from the caucus states, winning all but Nevada."

Oprah has crossed a line here, and I don't think she will ever recover her popularity with the same number of people who once enjoyed her show, or her flailing cable network. Americans legitimately worried and angry over losing their doctors and their health insurance are not going to take kindly to being called racists.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    If you address her actual arguments, certainly.

Oprah is a unique success story, but unfortunately, she demonstrates the pernicious mindset among many African-Americans, who hold on to racial grievances in the face of overwhelming evidence of America's basic decency. She was personally screwed over by the Obamas, after having put her reputation on the line to support his election, and from everything that we've heard since, there's no love lost between them. There are lots of people who are coming to the realization that Obama is ungrateful to his base, dishonest to everyone and vicious to his perceived enemies, but they are still going to attack anyone who came to this conclusion before they did. Thus, those who have come to despise him after five years of lies, incompetence and blatantly illegal conduct will hold themselves superior to the "racists" who tried to warn them from the beginning.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer

Oprah's Solution for Racism: OprahCare

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...oprahcare.html

...OprahCare is simply her "Final Solution" for racism. It's the cure that kills two birds with one stone; it simultaneously ends racism and Obama critics. One obvious flaw with OprahCare is that it encourages the death of those who criticize Obama because of his race, yet, hypocritically, it excuses those who, because of Obama's race, won't criticize him. The OprahCare proponents refer to this contradiction as "payback."

On the upside, OprahCare allows whites to keep their racist views if they like their racist views. On the downside, the racists themselves "have to die."

Immediate OprahCare enrollees would be Bill O'Reilly and Pat Buchanan, whereas Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz would receive waivers.

Although OprahCare may appear to target elderly white racists, its aim is broader.

The other potential recipients of OprahCare are any white non-Democrats -- specifically Republicans, conservatives, Tea Partiers, and Libertarians. Even white Hispanics, such as George Zimmerman, are ideal for OprahCare. Granted, Zimmerman voted for Obama, but he killed Trayvon Martin, whom Oprah considered this generation's Emmett Till.

Whites in other countries also qualify for OprahCare. Remember the Swiss saleswoman who allegedly treated Oprah like a commoner when Oprah inquired about a $38,000 handbag?

Blacks are exempt from Oprahcare, despite a poll that concluded that "[t]hirty-seven percent (37%) of American Adults think most black Americans are racist," while "[j]ust 15% consider most white Americans racist, while 18% say the same of most Hispanic Americans."...

I expect she meant 'Eventually die out' rather than just 'Die,' with the latter term's unfortunate connotation of immediate genocidal intent, but then again, maybe not.