Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Arne Duncan: White Suburban Moms Upset Common Core Shows Their Kids Arenít Brilliant 
    Power CUer
    I've been putting up a lot about Common Core, which is basically a Trojan Horse. This is the program that says that the right answer in math is not important. Some helpful links on Common Core:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/10...ry-classrooms/

http://blogs.edweek.org/teachers/liv..._ten_colo.html

http://dianeravitch.net/2013/11/12/n...and-educators/

There's a lot on it out there. It's so indefensible that Arne Duncan has to express racist sentiments to shut up concerned and frustrated parents:

UNREAL: Obama Education Secretary Arne Duncan Says “White Suburban Moms” Upset That Common Core Shows Their Kids Aren’t “Brilliant”…
    http://weaselzippers.us/

U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan told a group of state schools superintendents Friday that he found it “fascinating” that some of the opposition to the Common Core State Standards has come from “white suburban moms who — all of a sudden — their child isn’t as brilliant as they thought they were, and their school isn’t quite as good as they thought they were.”

Yes, he really said that. But he has said similar things before. What, exactly, is he talking about?

In his cheerleading for the controversial Common Core State Standards — which were approved by 45 states and the District of Columbia and are now being implemented across the country (though some states are reconsidering) — Duncan has repeatedly noted that the standards and the standardized testing that goes along with them are more difficult than students in most states have confronted.

The Common Core was designed to elevate teaching and learning. Supporters say it does that; critics say it doesn’t and that some of the standards, especially for young children, are not developmentally appropriate....

Common Core does not help. There is no gray area when it comes to math. No amount of explanation is going to make 9X9=76 correct. It's wrong and to accept a stupid explanation as to how you got to that answer isn't going to make it right. This is just another attempt by the left to instill the "everyone gets a trophy" mentality on the country. It's designed to weaken, not strengthen. Make the trogs into sloths and make them dependent. That is the goal.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

With Common Corrupt math you can raise the debt ceiling without raising the debt.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    I couldn't find an explanation for the white suburban mom crack. Is common core somehow supposed to appeal to inner city black parents?

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I couldn't find an explanation for the white suburban mom crack. Is common core somehow supposed to appeal to inner city black parents?
    Here's the original WaPo article. I haven't been able to find where the "white" crack came from. Maybe you can:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...nt/?tid=pm_pop

Edited to add a nice piece of satire. Maybe this will explain it:

White Suburban Moms Declared A Terrorist Group

No but it's part of that hopey changey BS that is infiltrating education these days. No grading in red ink...no making best friends schools not having a Valedictorian so the kids that didn't get it or the lower GPA kids didn't feel bad. Conflict resolution (which doesn't resolve anything) instead of punching a bully in the mouth or the assistant principal busting a kid with a paddle that richly deserves it.

That kind of stuff.

If a kid says 1+1=3 then that the right answer for him. It's all about how he came to that conclusion that counts. If a kid points to Brazil when asked to find Hong Kong on a map then he gets a gold star for the day because doggone it he's trying.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Why do we have to keep re-inventing the wheel?

Can't we find out which schools these Indian doctors come from and go copy their program?

This administration cannot deal with criticism of its policies without playing the race card. This is just more of the same. Anyone who objects to an Obama administration policy must be a racist, mouth-breathing, rightwing clinger to guns and religion, because nobody could possibly object to any Obama policy on its merits. If you didn't like Obamacare, you were a racist. If you thought that there was more to Benghazi than an internet video that nobody saw, you were a hater. If you are concerned about your children's future, then you must be a white, suburban mom who has nothing better to do than worry about your children's future.

Why do we have to keep re-inventing the wheel?

Can't we find out which schools these Indian doctors come from and go copy their program?
    Take that up with the teachers' unions.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Take that up with the teachers' unions.
    That's a convenient whipping boy, but the teachers I play trivia with despise all this "great idea of the week" and new superintendent trying to make his mark crap. We have been watching this for generations now. Every decade or so it's the "new and improved method" except that it isn't new and it isn't improved. We all know, and the teachers do too, that the old way works best: rote and repetition. But it only worked best when the classes were well behaved and tracked. You can't do that anymore because the parents insist that their emotionally or intellectually damaged/fragile child be "mainstreamed" and that all the classes be mixes of kids of all skill levels.

We can't tie the hands of these teachers and then say "Now play the piano."

People will pay a premium for good public schools, real or perceived. Sounds like some people are finding out that no, perception is not reality.