Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Hybrid View

  1. #1 I'm sure a lot of you have seen this picture. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,039
    Nope Will, can't say that I have...


    Mon Nov 18, 2013, 06:57 PM
    WilliamPitt

    I'm sure a lot of you have seen this picture.



    Her name was Stephanie Sautter.

    She died peacefully this morning.

    The health care crisis in a nutshell.
    So. Are we supposed to feel responsible for this??? Sorry, I don't.
    Is this post the whole story on this lady??? Who the heck knows, but
    Pitt apparently thinks she is a 99% goddess for some reason.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Resident Grandpa marv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    3,031
    I remember her post when it was first made. Well, socialized medicine (Obamacare) will do that.

    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

    THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member DumbAss Tanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,681
    Hey, Trustfund Baby, haven't your DC DemonRat masters been floating the "It's really okay if we still have up to 20% uninsured even with Obamacare" meme for the past week? Wouldn't that mean that for everyone covered under ACA who wasn't before, there'll be someone who was covered before, but isn't now? Are you really as clueless a putz as you sound?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Politically tired. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,611
    When my sister was diagnosed with cancer last year, it came in time for her being laid off. Her lay off came at no fault of her own. She worked hard and her liberal bosses didn't care. They wanted certain people to make themselves look good. Her church was really nice in that they paid for her cobra. Their logic was that it would be too disastrous to wait on Medicaid. She got her surgery and the cancer was removed. No chemo treatments necessary.

    The logic behind not having reform is that this person supposedly did something to deserve the bad health or the financial struggle. It may be true. It may not be true. Here's what I am sure of. I think this excuse is a cop out to not feel guilty about not wanting reform. If we deny the innocent person in there, then we don't have to feel guilty. I hope the lady in the picture RIP.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    When my sister was diagnosed with cancer last year, it came in time for her being laid off. Her lay off came at no fault of her own. She worked hard and her liberal bosses didn't care. They wanted certain people to make themselves look good. Her church was really nice in that they paid for her cobra. Their logic was that it would be too disastrous to wait on Medicaid. She got her surgery and the cancer was removed. No chemo treatments necessary.

    The logic behind not having reform is that this person supposedly did something to deserve the bad health or the financial struggle. It may be true. It may not be true. Here's what I am sure of. I think this excuse is a cop out to not feel guilty about not wanting reform. If we deny the innocent person in there, then we don't have to feel guilty. I hope the lady in the picture RIP.
    It isn't that conservatives don't want reform, we just don't want the socialization of medicine that will be forced on us by Obamacare. Harry Reid has two different health care reform bills written by republicans on his desk that he refuses to discuss, vote on or even give the light of day. Their are other plans written by other conservatives also. The idea that republicans don't want to repair our health care system is an absolute bold faced lie.
    Obamacare is not about healthcare, it is the largest welfare wealth redistribution program the world has ever seen, it is a power grab of enormous proportions and will signal the end of our freedoms.
    if this is not stopped you will realize all this after it is to late Lanie, this has been explained to you ad nauseam by Ody and many others on the board but you refuse to wrap your mind around it and study it, you can really be a waste of time when you want to be.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It isn't that conservatives don't want reform, we just don't want the socialization of medicine that will be forced on us by Obamacare. Harry Reid has two different health care reform bills written by republicans on his desk that he refuses to discuss, vote on or even give the light of day. Their are other plans written by other conservatives also. The idea that republicans don't want to repair our health care system is an absolute bold faced lie.
    Obamacare is not about healthcare, it is the largest welfare wealth redistribution program the world has ever seen, it is a power grab of enormous proportions and will signal the end of our freedoms.
    if this is not stopped you will realize all this after it is to late Lanie, this has been explained to you ad nauseam by Ody and many others on the board but you refuse to wrap your mind around it and study it, you can really be a waste of time when you want to be.
    Obama has managed something that no one else could do. Yesterday a woman who lives in St Louis called me, haven't heard from her in years. She has always been a far left liberal loon. I'm ashamed that I sort of dropped the friendship as I couldn't stand listening to the far out lib talk. It happened a long time ago---when she told me that she had written a campaign song for Clinton (Bubba). She would rant about all things Democratic. She's a sweet lady, but it drive me up the wall.

    Fast forward to yesterday. She was talking about going to Republican events. I guess she heard my stifled gasp. Yes, she is now a Republican. I asked her why---she said Obama. She isn't one of the limosine libs. Her dad worked in the GM plant that used to be in St Louis. He was a union guy. Her mom was very involved in Dem politics.

    She told me that she had a health issue that wasn't life treatening, but chronic. Her doc told her that it was a good thing that she had it treated this year and got the necessary medical device to make her problem more tolerable. He said that they had gotten the word that what had been approved for her would not be available next year.

    Her physician said treatment for anything chronic would be greatly curtalled next year, in fact virtually stopped by Medicare. That includes arthritis and many other chronic ailments.

    Sarah Palin wasn't that far off. That's why she was so demonized. She was telling the truth about what will be coming down on all of us.

    Lanie, you can pick out any individual case. I'm so glad that your sister's church was so decent and so practical to pay for her COBRA. SR and I know how expensive it can be, as he had to go on COBRA after his stroke.

    But what we have to focus on is the great harm coming down on millions of people.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"


    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Politically tired. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It isn't that conservatives don't want reform, we just don't want the socialization of medicine that will be forced on us by Obamacare. Harry Reid has two different health care reform bills written by republicans on his desk that he refuses to discuss, vote on or even give the light of day. Their are other plans written by other conservatives also. The idea that republicans don't want to repair our health care system is an absolute bold faced lie.
    Obamacare is not about healthcare, it is the largest welfare wealth redistribution program the world has ever seen, it is a power grab of enormous proportions and will signal the end of our freedoms.
    if this is not stopped you will realize all this after it is to late Lanie, this has been explained to you ad nauseam by Ody and many others on the board but you refuse to wrap your mind around it and study it, you can really be a waste of time when you want to be.
    Anytime I talk to a Republican on here or anywhere about it, all they've got to say is that we need to repeal Obamacare with no ideas of their own. They often say we should have a completely hands of system.

    McCain's idea was to give everybody five thousand dollars. Be honest Rock, if any Democrat suggested what he did, what would you conservatives had said about that?

    Did you know that Obamacare isn't even Obama's idea? It wasn't even Pelosi's idea. It was Richard Nixon's idea. He wasn't the only Republican either. It's like when a Republican proposes something, it's okay. If a Democrat proposes something, it's Socialism. Why wasn't Bush denounced as a socialist for his Medicare reform or his other ideas that costed so much money? It's because he had an R at the end of his name on the ballot. You know it's true. Had Obama came up with Bush'd ideas, it would have been communism.

    The reason I let you all "explain" things to me with no argument back is because I'm afraid of the backlash if I present an actual case. That changes now.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Anytime I talk to a Republican on here or anywhere about it, all they've got to say is that we need to repeal Obamacare with no ideas of their own. They often say we should have a completely hands of system.

    McCain's idea was to give everybody five thousand dollars. Be honest Rock, if any Democrat suggested what he did, what would you conservatives had said about that?

    Did you know that Obamacare isn't even Obama's idea? It wasn't even Pelosi's idea. It was Richard Nixon's idea. He wasn't the only Republican either. It's like when a Republican proposes something, it's okay. If a Democrat proposes something, it's Socialism. Why wasn't Bush denounced as a socialist for his Medicare reform or his other ideas that costed so much money? It's because he had an R at the end of his name on the ballot. You know it's true. Had Obama came up with Bush'd ideas, it would have been communism.

    The reason I let you all "explain" things to me with no argument back is because I'm afraid of the backlash if I present an actual case. That changes now.

    Nice try. Bush's Medicare reform has been under budget. It has saved money. People on Medicare had health insurance but not drug coverage, did that make sense to you? They actually now pay extra for the Part D drug coverage, it's not free.

    You have a common habit of not comparing apples to apples. I might know a little bit about insurance companies and insurance claims as I process a few hundred of them daily.

    One more question....how dare Obama put his name on Nixon's plan?

    If you insist on trying to continue to bash the Republicans maybe you would be better off just posting at DU, at least you could respond directly to the OP there and show your agreement.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Anytime I talk to a Republican on here or anywhere about it, all they've got to say is that we need to repeal Obamacare with no ideas of their own. They often say we should have a completely hands of system.
    You say that like it's a bad thing?

    Oh and the bolded IS an idea in and of it's own.

    EVERY time there is a REAL effort to bring down the cost of healthcare (tort reform letting people have more choice in their providers bringing medicare/medicaid fraud under control) you bleeding heart ass clowns on the left go into full scare tactic mode and lie to peoiple telling them "Republicans want you do die."


    Did you know that Obamacare isn't even Obama's idea? It wasn't even Pelosi's idea. It was Richard Nixon's idea.
    Link? And while you're searching for that link...let me educate you on who the real architect of all of this was.

    The Health Maintenance Organization Act of 1973 (Pub. L. 93-222 codified as 42 U.S.C. 300e) is a United States statute enacted on December 29, 1973. The Health Maintenance Organization Act is informally known as the federal HMO Act is a federal law that provides for a trial federal program to promote and encourage the development of HMOs. The federal HMO Act amended the Public Health Service Act, which Congress passed in 1944. The principal sponsor of the federal HMO Act was Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (MA).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_...on_Act_of_1973

    Care to take a guess at what the bolded has in commoon?

    He wasn't the only Republican either. It's like when a Republican proposes something, it's okay. If a Democrat proposes something, it's Socialism. Why wasn't Bush denounced as a socialist for his Medicare reform or his other ideas that costed so much money? It's because he had an R at the end of his name on the ballot. You know it's true. Had Obama came up with Bush'd ideas, it would have been communism.
    Bullshit. YOu're jsut lipsynching what your fellow retards at the DUmp say to try and excuse the incompetence of the Liberal agenda and this administration in particular. The only thing you left out was "It's Bush's fault".

    The reason I let you all "explain" things to me with no argument back is because I'm afraid of the backlash if I present an actual case. That changes now.
    Bullshit. You're a self aggrandizing drama queen. This statement right here proves it. If youu're sooooooo afraid of us big bad eeevil Conservatives...leave.

    <--- DU is that way.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Anytime I talk to a Republican on here or anywhere about it, all they've got to say is that we need to repeal Obamacare with no ideas of their own. They often say we should have a completely hands of system.

    McCain's idea was to give everybody five thousand dollars. Be honest Rock, if any Democrat suggested what he did, what would you conservatives had said about that?

    Did you know that Obamacare isn't even Obama's idea? It wasn't even Pelosi's idea. It was Richard Nixon's idea. He wasn't the only Republican either. It's like when a Republican proposes something, it's okay. If a Democrat proposes something, it's Socialism. Why wasn't Bush denounced as a socialist for his Medicare reform or his other ideas that costed so much money? It's because he had an R at the end of his name on the ballot. You know it's true. Had Obama came up with Bush'd ideas, it would have been communism.

    The reason I let you all "explain" things to me with no argument back is because I'm afraid of the backlash if I present an actual case. That changes now.
    Lanie,

    Just because there is a problem doesn't mean that you can throw any old solution at it. Obamacare was no solution; in fact, it exacerbates the problems for the average person. The only solution it provides is to a handful of crony insurance companies; it keeps them profitable and ensconced as the institutional backbone of healthcare. It also allows the NSA, law enforcement, and every government agency in Washington to have access to personal health records and use them against people in various ways. But a solution to healthcare? It's actually made health care far less accessible. Infantile partisan whining ("Well I don't see Republicans solving anything!") is not an argument for Obamacare: in fact, it's a tacit admission that the ACA is a complete and total failure for the average person.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •