1. #1 Obama Pulls US Embassy To Vatican, Downgrades Relationship 
    Power CUer
    Obama Pulls US Embassy To Vatican, Downgrades Relationship
    http://weaselzippers.us/2013/11/26/o...-relationship/

...So Obama is negotiating and providing weapons to Islamic terrorists, and turning his back on Israel and the Vatican.

http://www.catholicvote.org/obama-sn...ssy-downgrade/

We have been quietly following this story for weeks.us-vatican-flags

And now reporter John Allen has broken the news.

The Obama administration has decided that the free-standing American embassy to the Holy See will soon be closed, and the offices for the Ambassador to the Vatican will be moved inside of our Italian Embassy.

As a part of the security reviews that followed the attacks on our embassy in Benghazi last year, State Department officials are now claiming that the current U.S. Embassy to the Holy See is no longer safe.

If their assessment is correct, then why not bolster security or simply move the Embassy to a new location instead of shutting it down? Are all ‘unsafe’ embassies being shut down too?

An unmistakable slap in the face

Moving our Ambassador to the Vatican inside of our Italian Embassy sends a clear message: the diplomatic post doesn’t matter much to the United States.

Yesterday we spoke with former Vatican Ambassador James Nicholson. He wanted us to tell CV readers:

“It’s another manifestation of the antipathy of this administration both to Catholics and to the Vatican – and to Christians in the Middle East. This is a key post for intermediation in so many sovereignties but particularly in the Middle East. This is anything but a good time to diminish the stature of this post. To diminish the stature of this post is to diminish its influence.

“The State Department has for a long time wanted to do this. It came up when I was an ambassador. I explained the folly of this and it went away. But now they seem determined to do this. The perception is [with this action] that the United States is showing a lack of appreciation for the relevance of its diplomatic partner in the Vatican.”

Diplomatic relations between the United States and the Holy See suffered for generations because of rampant anti-Catholicism in our country. It took until 1984, twenty-four years after the election of a Catholic president, for President Ronald Reagan to officially create the first United States Ambassador to the Holy See.

President Reagan would quickly see the importance of the Holy See in international affairs. Reagan and Blessed Pope John Paul II formed a partnership that would lead to the downfall of Communism in Eastern Europe.....

Power CUer
    Maybe this has something to do with it:

Pope: Church’s teaching on abortion is unchangeable

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/catholi...-unchangeable/

n his first apostolic exhortation, “The Joy of the Gospel,” Pope Francis explained that the Church can never change its teaching on abortion, which is part of a broader understanding of human dignity.

At the same time, he said in the document released Nov. 26, the Church must increase efforts to “accompany” women in difficult pregnancies.

“Precisely because this involves the internal consistency of our message about the value of the human person, the Church cannot be expected to change her position on this question,” the Pope said of abortion.

“I want to be completely honest in this regard. This is not something subject to alleged reforms or ‘modernizations.’ It is not ‘progressive’ to try to resolve problems by eliminating a human life.”

“On the other hand, it is also true that we have done little to adequately accompany women in very difficult situations, where abortion appears as a quick solution to their profound anguish, especially when the life developing within them is the result of rape or a situation of extreme poverty,” he continued.

The apostolic exhortation, also known by its Latin title “Evangelii Gaudium,” follows the 2012 bishops' synod on the new evangelization, which was held as part of the Year of Faith.

The Pope’s words on abortion came amid a broader set of comments on human rights. Discussing the need to show love for migrants, the poor and victims of human trafficking, he added that there is a need to show “particular love and concern” for “unborn children, the most defenseless and innocent among us.”....

They're not breaking off diplomatic relations, the US Ambassador to the Vatican will have his office in the US Embassy in Rome instead of having a separate office in the Vatican. There is still going to be an Ambassador to the Vatican. It's not the slap on the face that the article states it is.

It'll save money.

Everything is not about abortion. I'm currently worried about the Pope's safety because he's criticizing capitalism. Conservatives do sort of worship capitalism at times, and the Pope is really charismatic. A lot of people love him, but I know some people probably hate him too. IOW, the Pope isn't all conservative. While it's possible for a liberal to attack him, I honestly see that more likely to happen from a right wing extremist than a left wing one (especially after seeing what some wonderful capitalists did to Catholics down in South America years ago). Offensive? Sorry. And no, I don't think all or most conservatives are evil, but when it comes to this, I'm more worried about their potential attack this time.

Perhaps our embassy being there is dangerous to them, maybe not.

In any case, I don't care. When it comes to the Vatican and the Pope, Obama is the last person on my mind.

Fabulous Poster
    Wow, thirty years of pomp and circumstance and a short line of plum positions just shot to Gehenna.

The administration gave "security" as the reason early on for the move although there has never been a threat indicated to the Vatican embassy. They should have thought of that before Benghazi where there was ample indication beforehand of threat.

Obama's actions/in-actions in the ME are anti-Christian and anti-Western, so this could also have been a sop to muslims.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Wow, thirty years of pomp and circumstance and a short line of plum positions just shot to Gehenna.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg