Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Virginia State Sen. Creigh Deeds critical, son dead after stabbing attack 

Virginia state lawmaker and onetime candidate for governor Creigh Deeds suffered serious injuries after being stabbed in the head and upper torso several times inside his home Tuesday, police said.

Deeds, 55, was flown from his home in Bath County and is being treated at UVA Hospital in Charlottesville. The hospital says he is in critical condition.

Virginia State Police Public Relations Manager Corinne Geller said when authorities arrived at Deeds’ Millboro home, they also found his 24-year-old son, Gus, suffering injuries from a life-threatening gunshot wound. He later died at the scene, Geller said.

Virginia and national Democratic sources who spoke to Fox News cited Virginia law enforcement authorities as alleging that Gus Deeds stabbed his father before shooting himself.

Police say they are still searching for a motive, but they are not looking for any suspects at this point.

Geller said authorities responded to the home at 7:25 a.m. local time after receiving a 911 call, but she did not disclose the source of the call. The Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation's Salem Field Office is still investigating the scene.

Deeds, a former Bath County prosecutor, was elected to the House of Delegates in 1991 and to the state Senate in 2001, in a special election after the death of Emily Couric.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/19...me-police-say/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Power CUer
    From the Roanoke Times website (roanoke.com):

"The senator's son was evaluated under an emergency custody order by mental health professionals on Monday and released, Dennis Cropper, executive director of the Rockbridge County Community Services Board, told the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

The emergency custody order allowed Austin C. "Gus" Deeds to be held as long as four hours to determine whether he should be held longer, up to 72 hours, under a temporary detention order, Cropper said. The son was evaluated by the Rockbridge Area Community Services Board in Lexington. An emergency custody order can be released by any magistrate.

Cropper said no psychiatric bed could be located across a wide area of western Virginia and the son was released."
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Fabulous Poster
    So we're guessing that the son attacked dad with a knife and dad shot the son?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    So we're guessing that the son attacked dad with a knife and dad shot the son?

Son stabbed dad repeatedly in the head and neck. Then used the gun on himself.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I'm wondering what psychotropic meds the son was on.

Does anybody else have a problem with the use of separate weapons on the two? It just sounds problematic
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Does anybody else have a problem with the use of separate weapons on the two? It just sounds problematic
    I don't know what this even means....?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I'm wondering what psychotropic meds the son was on.
    I'm thinking that perhaps the problem was that the son wasn't on psychotropic meds.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm thinking that perhaps the problem was that the son wasn't on psychotropic meds.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I don't know what this even means....?
    /You wouldn't......./
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.