Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Saturday Something... 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Cool tonight and in the morning.

What a very very busy week. Work? Crazy. And the home front? Off the scope.

We all have stress in our lives. Some more than others, at least right now. I have someone in my household who is very near death.

And i see that as a good and natural thing. He is almost ninety. Very sick. Life has a flow to it. A beginning a middle and an end. I am talking about perspective here.

This is not a downer of a thread. I intend it as an real upper of a thread. Life is good.

TOTD: I don't think about philosophical things all the time, or religious things all the time. Usually, I think about what i am reading or watching or listening to at the moment. We live in the moment. The moment is good.

So, with that in mind:

What are you:

listening to: Youtube. Surfing. Three Dog Night. Old fashioned Love Song

reading: Okay, the bookmark is on page 36 of Hiking Trails Of the Blue Ridge Parkway

watching: Recorded No Country for Old Men and will watch probably tomorrow.

So, a song, a book, and a movie.

Not the best or the brightest, but just what is and what ya got right now?

Life is good people. It is also precious. I appreciate you all.

Whatcha reading, listening to, and watching?

I'm posting this a little early, please excuse it, but we are kinda busy right now.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post

I'm posting this a little early, please excuse it
    Excuse it? You do this every week.:mad:
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Your positive attitude is inspiring, Bubbadawg. :)

TOTD:

Listening to--Whatever You're Doing (Something Heavenly) by Sanctus Real

Reading--Just finished The Academy by Bentley Little (see book thread for review). About to start a book called A Little Trouble with the Facts by Nina Siegal. I've never read this author before.

Watching--NUMB3RS on CBS

I haven't been outside yet to give a weather report. It's not raining.

TOTD: I'm watching Sell This House. It's my Saturday morning routine. See the book thread for what I'm currently reading.

Banned
    Bright, sunny, and crisp here in the Megalopolis this morning. Girlfriend's off drilling teeth for a half day. Probably need to go to Whole Foods when she gets back. Otherwise, a lazy Sunday.

TOTD: Hang in there, man. I know you've the strength.

Simple topic, but one that reflects who we are:

listening: Without the girlfriend to object, it's an all Dylan morning. Tom Thumb Blues just finished

reading: I just got a used (but very good condition) hardback of Art Buchwald's wonderful I'll Always Have Paris. I used to have a copy, but it's been lost to one of many women over the years, and I'm looking forward to re-reading it this weekend

watching: Fulham at West Brom

This will be a transitional day weather-wise: bright this morning and cooling down with clouds this afternoon. I need to clean my miniblinds today and I hate that. Of course, at least I have window coverings. Some people have Spider Man sheets over their windows.

Hang in there, guy. However expected, your situation is never without a lot of soul-searching and stress.

TOTD: I'm reading a "juvenile" horror novel by Saul, I'm listening to the radio version of the WSJ Weekend Roundup or whatever they call it, and I'll be viewing "Final Destination" later on. :)

61 Degrees Current:Mostly Cloudy
    Wind: NE at 0 mph
    Humidity: 97%

My daughter had to be at the polls to work at 5:30. I was an alternate but thankfully didn't get called. I just got back from voting. We were supposed to have a primary last month but it was canceled because of the hurricane. Now, the replacement for Rep. Jim McCrery may not be decided until Dec.

All my relatives are getting so old and feeble. I have two in ICU right now. It is hard to deal with losing someone who played an important part in your youth.

listening to: mostly TV as a backgroound noise

reading: cross stitch pattern for a new project

watching: my aunt loaned me the House dvd. I'm hooked.

I almost forgot, my daughter voted for the first time!!

In Louisiana you can become an election commissioner at 17 so she has been working at the polls for almost a year. Today, three of her high school friends were also working. She convinced them all to go through training.:)

Good for her, LL! I was 5 months shy of 18 during the 92 election and was sooo upset. (I'm still a little bitter about that actually):p

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Cool tonight and in the morning.

What a very very busy week. Work? Crazy. And the home front? Off the scope.

We all have stress in our lives. Some more than others, at least right now. I have someone in my household who is very near death.

And i see that as a good and natural thing. He is almost ninety. Very sick. Life has a flow to it. A beginning a middle and an end. I am talking about perspective here.

This is not a downer of a thread. I intend it as an real upper of a thread. Life is good.

TOTD: I don't think about philosophical things all the time, or religious things all the time. Usually, I think about what i am reading or watching or listening to at the moment. We live in the moment. The moment is good.

So, with that in mind:

What are you:

listening to: Youtube. Surfing. Three Dog Night. Old fashioned Love Song

reading: Okay, the bookmark is on page 36 of Hiking Trails Of the Blue Ridge Parkway

watching: Recorded No Country for Old Men and will watch probably tomorrow.

So, a song, a book, and a movie.

Not the best or the brightest, but just what is and what ya got right now?

Life is good people. It is also precious. I appreciate you all.

Whatcha reading, listening to, and watching?

I'm posting this a little early, please excuse it, but we are kinda busy right now.
    A horrible weather day here in the UK, to cap a not very nice week spent by the North Sea working on our brave little island nation's energy infrastructure.

It's been wet and windy today, so today has been a no-fly day. Blah. Looks like tomorrow will be much like today, so double-blah.

TOTD:

Listening to: Gadar, ik prem kadar (a love story). I am a sucker for Bollywood soundtracks. I first heard the sound track on a bus in India in 2001.

Reading: Finishing up Shantaram.

Watching: The road ahead (had a nice little run-in with an Audi this morning - I won). Also watching FNC and UK news media, to catch up on the news after being in a media vacuum for the past few days.

Bubba, hope you see this. I can't speak for everyone, but we appreciate you, too. You are a top notch poster in my view.