Thread: Saturday Something...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Three Dog Night, now that you mentioned them. Shambala

Reading: The Heart is a Lonely Hunter-Carson McCullers (Oprah Book Club-picked it up at a yardsale for .25)

Movie : none.

Eating a huge salad with some fresh veggies still in season. It doesn't get any better.
    Last edited by Jumpy; 10-04-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    listening to: Youtube. Surfing. Three Dog Night. Old fashioned Love Song

Since I am on a Three Dog Night kick now, I found this on youtube

Hanson covering Never Been to Spain. Not bad at all.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_gfc...eature=related
    Patty Griffin does an excellent NBTS cover as well.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    Since I am on a Three Dog Night kick now, I found this on youtube

Hanson covering Never Been to Spain. Not bad at all.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_gfc...eature=related
    Patty Griffin does an excellent NBTS cover as well.

Nice. I don't know Hanson. They do a good job.

Three Dog Night still tours. Danny and Corey, Jimmy Greenspoon and Michael Alsop. There is a new drummer and bassist. They still do a fun show. They are especially good with a symphony, which they do often. They have performed with the London Symphony and the Atlanta Symphony and many more. It really is a good show.

Chuck isn't with them anymore.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Bright, sunny, and crisp here in the Megalopolis this morning. Girlfriend's off drilling teeth for a half day. Probably need to go to Whole Foods when she gets back. Otherwise, a lazy Sunday.

TOTD: Hang in there, man. I know you've the strength.

Simple topic, but one that reflects who we are:

listening: Without the girlfriend to object, it's an all Dylan morning. Tom Thumb Blues just finished

reading: I just got a used (but very good condition) hardback of Art Buchwald's wonderful I'll Always Have Paris. I used to have a copy, but it's been lost to one of many women over the years, and I'm looking forward to re-reading it this weekend

watching: Fulham at West Brom

Brilliantly multitasking there CW.

Gotta love Dylan. And Art Buchwald was a great one. He was funny without being nasty. He had a gentle sweet quality about him, yet he was so good at what he did.

Go Fulham.

Three Dog Night still tours. Danny and Corey, Jimmy Greenspoon and Michael Alsop. There is a new drummer and bassist. They still do a fun show. They are especially good with a symphony, which they do often. They have performed with the London Symphony and the Atlanta Symphony and many more. It really is a good show.

Hanson is a much ridiculed "boy band",(think Osmond brothers?) only they actually do write some of there own music and they do play there own instruments. They are brothers and are known for the song, "mmmmbop" some years ago. They have since grown up, and I really like them these days. They kids have talent, and are trying to live down that boy band image.
    Last edited by Jumpy; 10-04-2008 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    A horrible weather day here in the UK, to cap a not very nice week spent by the North Sea working on our brave little island nation's energy infrastructure.

It's been wet and windy today, so today has been a no-fly day. Blah. Looks like tomorrow will be much like today, so double-blah.

TOTD:

Listening to: Gadar, ik prem kadar (a love story). I am a sucker for Bollywood soundtracks. I first heard the sound track on a bus in India in 2001.

Reading: Finishing up Shantaram.

Watching: The road ahead (had a nice little run-in with an Audi this morning - I won). Also watching FNC and UK news media, to catch up on the news after being in a media vacuum for the past few days.

Bubba, hope you see this. I can't speak for everyone, but we appreciate you, too. You are a top notch poster in my view.

Thanks Hamps. The folks at CU are the good guys. It makes me happy to be here.

The run-in was Audi vs....?? You used to have your version of a vanity plate on a sports car as an avatar but i can't remember what you drive.

Still, glad you prevailed. Skill of the driver in my opinion, ...eh wot....:D

Hanson is a much ridiculed "boy band",(think Osmond brothers?) only they actually do write some of there own music and they do play there own instruments. They are brothers and are known for the song, "mmmmbop" some years ago. They have since grown up, and I really like them these days. They kids have talent, and are trying to live down that boy band image.
    Okay, I remember mmmmmmbop. Nice song. Just fun. I liked it.

It's kind of funny, Three Dog Night was a band with so many hit records but they were not highly regarded by music critics. Go figure.

When it comes down to it, it's the sound coming out of the speakers that actually means something.

Three Dog Night with a symphony really is good and fun. Usually it's a fund raiser for the symphony. If you ever get a chance, go.

I did not know that Three Dog Night still tours. They must not tour in my area. I have seen many of the great bands from the past at the local venues. Styx, 38 Special, Pat Benatar, REO Speedwagon, Fleetwood Mac, CrosbyStills and Nash, Kansas, etc etc etc.... I have never noticed that Three Dog Night is still around. But then I have never looked. I listen to them to hear the old comfortable stuff that I never hear anymore on the radio.

Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain
    With the rain in Shambala
    Wash away my sorrow, wash away my shame
    Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind
    On the road to Shambala
    Everyone is lucky, everyone is so kind
    On the road to Shambala
    How does your light shine, in the halls of Shambala?

I did not know that Three Dog Night still tours. They must not tour in my area. I have seen many of the great bands from the past at the local venues. Styx, 38 Special, Pat Benatar, REO Speedwagon, Fleetwood Mac, CrosbyStills and Nash, Kansas, etc etc etc.... I have never noticed that Three Dog Night is still around. But then I have never looked. I listen to them to hear the old comfortable stuff that I never hear anymore on the radio.

Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain
    Wash away my sorrow, wash away my shame
    Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind
    On the road to Shambala
    Everyone is lucky, everyone is so kind
    On the road to Shambala
    How does your light shine, in the halls of Shambala?
    I love that song. My wife and I have seent them three or four times in the last few years. Here is the link for the band. Click on 'shows.' Check it occasionally because the bookings change.

http://www.threedognight.com/

They still do a really good show.