Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Okay, I remember mmmmmmbop. Nice song. Just fun. I liked it.
    Of course you did.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

The returns are coming in and it looks like "cold cash" Jefferson may not make it!!

The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    The returns are coming in and it looks like "cold cash" Jefferson may not make it!!

Stupidity won, he's in the runoffs
    NEW ORLEANS (AP) U.S. Rep. William Jefferson overcame the stigma of a federal bribery indictment in Louisiana's Democratic primary on Saturday, garnering enough votes in his New Orleans-based congressional district to secure a spot in a Nov. 4 runoff.

Jefferson, seeking his 10th term in Congress, faces a December trial on charges that he took bribes, laundered money and misused his congressional office for business dealings in Africa
    Jefferson advances to a Nov. 4 runoff. A victory then would put him in a Dec. 6 general election in the heavily Democratic district against a little-known Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Good for her, LL! I was 5 months shy of 18 during the 92 election and was sooo upset. (I'm still a little bitter about that actually):p
    I fell a couple months short of Jimmah. Good thing too. At that time like today's ignorant youth, I thought I was required to vote DIMocRAT. I could'nt live with the knowlege I voted for Jimmah.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Thanks Hamps. The folks at CU are the good guys. It makes me happy to be here.

The run-in was Audi vs....?? You used to have your version of a vanity plate on a sports car as an avatar but i can't remember what you drive.

Still, glad you prevailed. Skill of the driver in my opinion, ...eh wot....:D
    Porsche 911 C4. The Audi driver gave it his best shot, but didn't stand a chance.

BD....please EXCUSE me...I forgot this thread, man!

Reading: Deathbringer by Bryan Smith.

Listening: In the car going to and from work yesterday, was jamming out to Rob Zombie's Educated Horses (hiis latest release).

Watching: Right now...Fox News while having my morning coffee.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    A horrible weather day here in the UK, to cap a not very nice week spent by the North Sea working on our brave little island nation's energy infrastructure.

It's been wet and windy today, so today has been a no-fly day. Blah. Looks like tomorrow will be much like today, so double-blah.

TOTD:

Listening to: Gadar, ik prem kadar (a love story). I am a sucker for Bollywood soundtracks. I first heard the sound track on a bus in India in 2001.

Reading: Finishing up Shantaram.

Watching: The road ahead (had a nice little run-in with an Audi this morning - I won). Also watching FNC and UK news media, to catch up on the news after being in a media vacuum for the past few days.

Bubba, hope you see this. I can't speak for everyone, but we appreciate you, too. You are a top notch poster in my view.
    Thanks Hamps.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Porsche 911 C4. The Audi driver gave it his best shot, but didn't stand a chance.
    Quite right. Still, good effort eh wot? Old college try.

Okay, that's my Brit imitation.

I'll get down to my Hillbilly tones now, you smoked his ass. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

Flying Zeus rulz. Nice Pics.