Thread: An American Carol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Im going hopefully next week

I have a friend who saw it and said it was great
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt

I really want to see this. I heard Glenn Beck's interview with Kelsey Grammer this week...that man is a class act. Jon Voight, Kelsey Grammer....there ARE some Conservatives in Hollywood! :D

I picture more and more famous Conservatives starting to "come out" in the near future. Dr. Savage was just commenting about this, his thought being that Americans are really getting tired of the far Left agenda being pushed so hard and a new wave of Conservativism is going to come in the next few years...with more Conservatives actually speaking out now in Hollywood I think he's right.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    I really want to see this. I heard Glenn Beck's interview with Kelsey Grammer this week...that man is a class act. Jon Voight, Kelsey Grammer....there ARE some Conservatives in Hollywood! :D
    Not a big fan of Jon Voight, but Kelsey Grammer is one of the great comedians of the times, reminiscent in his understated comedy of Bob Newhart.

I saw it a few hours ago, and LOVED it!
    It was hilarious (An excellent combination of both political satire, and Zucker's trademark slapstick humor), skewered all different forms of liberalism (Hollywood directors, academia controlled by professors who are tenured ex- hippies, etc.), and was VERY well acted. Kevin Farley appears to be as talented of a comedic actor as his late brother was, if not more so. Kelsey Grammer was an excellent Patton, and I was also very impressed by Jon Voight's brief but quite moving appearance as George Washington. My only real complaint is that it was a little short. Patton gets plenty of screen time, but the other two Spirits who visit Michael Malone (Jon Voight as George Washington, and Trace Atkins as the Angel of Death) could have used a lot more screen time than they got. They could have had Washington go more in depth on the roles that faith and patriotism played in the founding of America, and the Angel of Death scene could have gone into more detail on the effects of America being under sharia law and the other consequences of Malone's hate- mongering films.
    I stongly recommend 'An American Carol' to all conservatives. When the closing credits rolled, much of the audience applauded, and I happily joined in!

Banned
    Beverly Hills Chihuahua: $29,000,000 Theaters: 3,215
    An American Carol: $3,810,000 Theaters: 1,639
    Religulous: $3,500,000 Theaters: 502
    Last edited by wilbur; 10-05-2008 at 09:22 PM.

I live in one of the bluest counties in the country - It's playing right down the road from me. :) I'm going to try to go and see it tomorrow.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Beverly Hills Chihuahua: $29,000,000 Theaters: 3,215
    An American Carol: $3,810,000 Theaters: 1,639
    Religulous: $3,500,000 Theaters: 502
    And? your point? I almost never go on the weekends because if I go on a week night - the shows are half price. Get it? Numbers don't make a movie good - they make them well watched.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    And? your point? I almost never go on the weekends because if I go on a week night - the shows are half price. Get it? Numbers don't make a movie good - they make them well watched.
    The numbers were posted for more of a subtle commentary on the American movie-going public than anything else. Take from them what you will.

I havent seen any of the movies, I have no idea if any of them are "good" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    The numbers were posted for more of a subtle commentary on the American movie-going public than anything else. Take from them what you will.

I havent seen any of the movies, I have no idea if any of them are "good" or not.
    are we talking about the same public that thinks American Idol is good TV?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    are we talking about the same public that thinks American Idol is good TV?
    Probably so.