1. #1 McDonalds Ruins America 
    diabeticman (1,204 posts)
    Wed Nov 20, 2013, 09:50 AM

McDonald’s Advice To Underpaid Employees: Sell Your Christmas Presents For Cash

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...presents-cash/

Tis the season for holiday spirit: Yule logs, egg nog, festive lights and exchanging gifts with loved ones. If you work for McDonald’s, though, be sure to save those receipts.

McDonald’s McResource Line, a dedicated website run by the world’s largest fast-food chain to provide its 1.8 million employees with financial and health-related tips, offers a full page of advice for “Digging Out From Holiday Debt.” Among their helpful holiday tips: “Selling some of your unwanted possessions on eBay or Craigslist could bring in some quick cash.”

Elsewhere on the site, McDonald’s encourages its employees to break apart food when they eat meals, as “breaking food into pieces often results in eating less and still feeling full.” And if they are struggling to stock their shelves with food in the first place, the company offers assistance for workers applying for food stamps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I swear to all the Gods in the world if I hear another person say America is the Greatest country in the world I will slam them!

We have basically devolved into a Dickens novel!

This is another article about the subject, it's still full of bias but not quite as bad.

http://money.msn.com/investing/post-...ce-for-workers

Star Member yurbud (32,366 posts)

25. some people have tried to sell their children on eBay

McDonald's would give them Employee of the Month

This reminds me of a recent election cycle, wherein the incumbent was so hungry for political donations, his party actually asked private citizens to donate to his campaign, instead of buying gifts for others!

I wonder which idea came first: The DNC's money-grab, or McD's?
    Not that it matters.
    I do not have time for either one of them.

BB
    Social Order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain - Marquis de Sade

My job would be so much harder if there were no McDonalds restaurants and no such things as Happy Meals. The state cars would be cleaner, though.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My job would be so much harder if there were no McDonalds restaurants and no such things as Happy Meals. The state cars would be cleaner, though.

You are a Blessing to the children.