1. #1 University Forbids Poster That Takes A Stand Against Communism 
    Power CUer
    I find the complaints about the skulls especially funny since this entire generation of teenage girls wore skull jewelry.

University Forbids Poster That Takes A Stand Against Communism
    http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/15406/

A poster meant to illustrate the number of individuals who have been murdered by collectivist governments was deemed too harsh by officials at Duquesne University, which disallowed the image from hanging on campus.

The poster, which featured a picture of human skulls and bones, the number of people murdered by leaders of various “progressive social movements” – nearly 100 million people – and the phrase “Leftist Ideas: Progressing Toward Tyranny,” was apparently “too off-putting,” sophomore Bridget Seelinger, 20, said she was told.

On Monday, Nov. 18, she met with a campus administrator who told her the skulls poster was too upsetting to allow to hang in the school’s largest dorm, she said in an interview with The College Fix.

“I am upset about the censorship,” said Seelinger, a nursing major at the private, Catholic institution in Pittsburg. “I understand if it was racist or included death threats, but something like that is virtually harmless. I don’t understand why anyone had a problem with it, and why skulls are so scary.”poster

University officials did not respond to a request by The College Fix for comment on Wednesday...

She wanted to hang it up in the dorm. I wouldn't have wanted to see that in my dorm's hallway or lobby, especially on a weekend morning (or a very late weekend night).

The school should offer a compromise and let her hang it up somewhere else, like in one of the educational buildings.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    She wanted to hang it up in the dorm. I wouldn't have wanted to see that in my dorm's hallway or lobby, especially on a weekend morning (or a very late weekend night).

The school should offer a compromise and let her hang it up somewhere else, like in one of the educational buildings.
    It's a private school so they can ban anything they want. But presuming some degree of integrity, then we need to know what is allowed, what other posters hang with impunity. Are there posters of slaves being whipped and murdered (the Uhuru have such posters) and claims of millions having been wantonly killed by evil white slave traders (even though wholesale killing of slaves makes no sense whatsoever).