Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    FTFY because it only pertains to any white conservative. If said conservative is one of color , they are given a label like "not a real <insert minority race here>".
    Gee, thanks, your honor. Not only do we have you for DUI, but I can now retire on the civil suit that I'm going to file for a hostile work environment, thanks to your racist rant. We're in the money...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Gee, thanks, your honor. Not only do we have you for DUI, but I can now retire on the civil suit that I'm going to file for a hostile work environment, thanks to your racist rant. We're in the money...
    You're not a real Jew.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    Here's a great article on the phenomenon:

The Siren Call of a Race-Based Policy Discourse

http://thefederalist.com/2013/11/27/...icy-discourse/

...Throughout Mr. Obama’s presidency, his supporters have claimed that his opponents are motivated by their hatred of African-Americans. Candidate Obama made the charge during his first campaign. He characterized some of his opponents as not liking the fact that he “doesn’t look like those other guys on the dollar bills.” His defenders have taken up the same theme with some regularity during his five years in office, especially when public resistance has grown to his policies. They seem to believe that by calling the president’s opponents racist, they can blunt the force of any critique.

In terms of raw politics, the stratagem of attributing ill motives to critics admittedly has some brute power to it. An electoral coalition in danger of flying apart might be reeled back in to some degree based on the appearance of a racial or ethnic attack. At the same time, it may be possible to dismiss a critic who is scoring blows by distracting the audience with a charge of racism. We would always like to have the privilege of characterizing our opponent’s views for them. “Who is my opponent? Well, he is a racist who cannot tolerate the fact that we have a black president. What else would you like to know?”

This way of thinking is obviously no good, however, if we have any interest in making wise decisions as citizens. If you want to have a productive conversation, the two sides should both learn to state each other’s position in a way that is actually recognizable to the person who inhabits the opposing perspective. In other words, I should be able to say why you support Obamacare and offer the reasons you would give for doing so. And you should be able to say why I strongly disagree with Obamacare and faithfully reproduce my stated reasons for doing so. With such a foundation in place, it becomes possible for two opponents to engage the substance of argument without trying to psychoanalyze (or worse, slander and libel) one another. And note that this way of discussing an issue has the virtue of requiring both parties to elucidate actual reasons. If the reasons offered are of no account (Hey, he’s BLACK.), then they may be safely ignored as non-substantive.

Another danger of attributing ill motives to opponents is that it can be a way of defending decision makers from the need to reconsider. Obamacare has kicked up enough disruption and resistance to raise the possibility that it needs to be revised and the constructive criticisms should perhaps be engaged so as to make fixes. Policy-makers will fail to do anything so sober-minded and wise as that if they take the easy road and listen to the consoling voice of those who say, “Your opponents don’t really have any valid objections to your new law. They are simply racists and may safely be discounted.” Let not the head who wears the crown be troubled by such trifles. A few years of that and you end up with a great website and a kick-butt rollout of your signature policy achievement. Or maybe you don’t....

...Let us imagine that instead of electing Barack Obama to become our president, we had elected Thomas Sowell (who also happens to be African-American) of Stanford’s Hoover Institution. Dr. Sowell is well known as a small government conservative. Were he to be elected, we may safely assume that he would attempt to implement a program of budget cuts and tax cuts. He might be as ambitious in downsizing the government as President Obama has been in extending its reach.

It is fair to say that if President Sowell were to pursue his agenda, he would engender tremendous resistance from a large body of white liberals (as well as liberals of other hues). Would white liberals at a place like MSNBC tolerate for one minute the accusation that their resistance to President Sowell’s list of reforms had nothing really to do with the policy substance, but was actually the poisoned fruit of racism? To ask the question is to answer it. They would not. And conservatives should not...

Power CUer
    MSNBC's Melissa Harris Perry:

The term "Obamacare" is equivalent to the slur, "N ******"

Never mind that the website doesn't work right, that most American have lost or will lose their insurance, and that most of the uninsured will remain without coverage. It's all about racism.

MSNBC host equates ‘Obamacare’ with N-word

http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/08/ms...e-with-n-word/

HARRIS-PERRY: “I want to talk today about a controversial word. It’s a word that has been with us for years. And like it or not, it’s indelibly printed in the pages of American history. A word that was originally intended as a derogatory term, meant to shame and divide and demean. The word was conceived of by a group of wealthy white men who needed a way to put themselves above and apart from a black man, to render him inferior and unequal and diminish his accomplishments.

“President Obama has been labelled with this word by his opponents, and at first he rose above it, hoping that if he could just make a cause for what he’d achieved, his opponents would fail in making their label stick. But no matter how many successes that he had as president, he realized there were still many people for whom he’d never be anything more than that one disparaging word — a belief he knew was held not just by his political opponents, but also by a significant portion of the American electorate.

“And so he decided if you can’t beat them, you’ve got to join them. So he embraced the word and made it his own, sending his opposition a message they weren’t expecting: ‘If that’s what you want me to be, I’ll be that.’”

“Y’all know the word that I’m talking about. Obamacare! That’s right! I said it and I’m not ashamed, and neither is President Obama!”

The MSNBC host doubled down on the racially-charged segment as she ticked off the president’s accomplishments and how they are apparently diminished by the “Obamacare” slur.

“I mean, what do you call the president who rescues the U.S. auto industry?” she said sarcastically. “Obamacare! What do you call the president who finally eliminates Osama bin Laden? Obamacare! What do you call the president who ends don’t ask don’t tell? Say it with me: Obamacare!”

Power CUer
    Oh and this little gem:

http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/08/yo...acist-cartoon/

The student newspaper at the University of Alabama was forced to issue an apology for printing a deeply offensive, racist cartoon.

It was racist, some argued, because it made fun of President Obama. And making fun of Obama is racist.

But not only was the cartoon wholly inoffensive, it was actually poking light-hearted fun at the president’s opponents, rather than the president himself.

The Crimson White published the cartoon on Thursday. It depicted an Alabama football player knocked down on the field as an Auburn University player dashed past him, football in hand–a reference to Alabama’s shocking last-minute loss to Auburn in the Iron Bowl last week. The caption on the cartoon: “This is what happens in Obama’s America.”

The cartoon was not intended as a slight against the president; rather, it satirizes the tendency of some people who oppose Obama to blame everything that goes wrong–even personal, trivial things–on his policies. A popular meme, “Thanks, Obama,” also uses this concept to create humor.

The editors of The Crimson White thought the joke — blaming Alabama’s loss on Obama — would be obvious and well-received. Instead, they were flooded with angry comments and letters from offended readers, outraged at the idea — wrong, in this case — that anyone, anywhere, would be allowed to criticize the president.

The newspaper’s editors issued a swift and total apology for running a cartoon that some people had inexplicably construed as racist.

“ The cartoon was meant as satire, but unfortunately it has been perceived by many readers as having racist intentions,” wrote Mazie Bryant, editor in chief of The Crimson White in an editorial. “We sincerely regret this, and apologize to anyone who was offended by it.”...

They think it's racist 'cause it pokes fun at one group of people (the Alabama team), and it has Obama's name in it.

Did you know that sometime in the past couple of years, the Timberwolves NBA team was called racist because they happened to not have any black players on the roster. It was only for one year.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    They think it's racist 'cause it pokes fun at one group of people (the Alabama team), and it has Obama's name in it.

Did you know that sometime in the past couple of years, the Timberwolves NBA team was called racist because they happened to not have any black players on the roster. It was only for one year.
    "Racism" is just becoming a "gotcha." It has nothing to do with real racism.

Power CUer
    Last Resort Racism can make you an honorary white (if you're black).

Toure Calls Black CNN Host Don Lemon A “Leader of White People” For Criticizing Black-On-Black Violence, Telling Black Men To Pull Up Their Pants…
    http://weaselzippers.us/2013/12/08/m...p-their-pants/

Power CUer
    MSNBC’s Michael Eric Dyson: The Private Sector Is Racist…

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    A little off topic, but funny.
    What isn't funny is that a great many (percentage unknown) black males who are in jail or prison sincerely believe that they are there because they are black, and not for the crime they have committed. They believe that because they believe that everyone does what they do, so some equivalent fed to them by disinformation in the black culture.

I have interacted extensively with such people online. Here's an example:

Blacks who have been arrested for drugs believe they are being singled out for race. They believe this because they have been told "more white people use illegal drugs than black people do". So when they see more black people in jail for drugs then they believe it's selective enforcement.

Here is what I have found:

1- most black people either do not or cannot grasp relative statistics. The fact that "more white people use drugs" is something they understand, the fact that this country is 75% white is outside of their belief system because when they look out their window all they see are black people. Moreover, black racists like Frances Cress Welsing tell them that "brown people" are 90% of the world population.

2- most black people (most people actually) aren't interested in the particulars. They are so invested in their "right" to hang out on the street and behave anyway they want in their neighborhoods that they refuse to accept that there is a difference between dealing drugs on a street corner to strangers or passing cars and the suburban method of dealing quietly through cellphones and inside of houses.

There is a good chance that that black mayor believes that were he the white banker or brother in law of the fire chief that the police officer would have driven him home instead of arresting him. It doesn't have to be the truth, it's what he believes.