Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Family Says They Did Tip Gay Server, Didn't Leave Note 
    After a gay server at a New Jersey restaurant said a customer denied her a tip and wrote her a hateful note on the receipt, a local family contacted NBC 4 New York and said their receipt shows they paid a tip and didn't write any such note.

Dayna Morales, a former Marine and a server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, posted a photo on Facebook earlier this month, showing the bill with a line through the space for a tip. The photo of the receipt showed someone had written, "I'm sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle."

Morales indicated in her Facebook post, and in subsequent media interviews -- including with NBC 4 New York -- that the customer wrote that line.

But a family contacted NBC 4 New York claiming their receipt from the restaurant shows they did leave a tip, and provided what they said was a credit card statement as proof.

The husband and wife, who asked to remain anonymous, showed NBC 4 New York a receipt that appeared to be printed at the same minute, on the same date, for the same $93.55 total, except with an $18 tip.

They also provided a document they said was a Visa bill, which appears to indicate their card was charged for the meal plus the tip, for a total of $111.55.

The couple told NBC 4 New York that they believed their receipt was used for a hoax. The wife says she is left-handed and could not have made the slash in the tip line, which she said looks to be drawn from the right.

"We've never not left a tip when someone gave good service, and we would never leave a note like that," the wife said.

The husband said he and his wife have both worked in restaurants and believe in the value of tipping, and noted that he didn't vote for Gov. Chris Christie because the governor doesn't support gay marriage.

"Never would a message like that come from us," he said.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...233040811.html
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Liberals ginning up fake outrage to make others look intolerant? Say it ain't so!
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Typical lesbian doesn't know what it is really like to get stiffed.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Oh my!

When he was good, he was very, very, good ...
    But when he was bad, he was great!
    Well, clever, at least!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Liberals ginning up fake outrage to make others look intolerant? Say it ain't so!
    Yes, but like the Matthew Shepard case, the important thing is to expose the hate, even if the hate is ficticious. The narrative must be advanced for the good of the revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    No, but apparently she got served.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

A manager and the restaurant owner insisted they had the original ticket for the $93.55 charge, but would not produce the receipt for NBC 4 New York and could not explain why the family's credit card was charged for more.

The restaurant later said in a statement it was aware of the allegations and had no comment pending an internal investigation.

Whatever happened, the couple believes it may have begun with a misunderstanding.

They said they thought the hostess who sat the family told them their server would be "Dan," and when Morales showed up at their table, the wife exclaimed "whoa, you're not Dan."

Morales wrote in her Facebook post that the wife said, "oh I thought you were gonna say your name is Dan. You sure surprised us!"

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...ers-story?lite

Video of the waitress being confronted by the media at the above link.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 11-26-2013 at 12:11 PM.

I knew this was a hoax the moment I saw this, why are bull dykes always so mad at the world?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

A manager and the restaurant owner insisted they had the original ticket for the $93.55 charge, but would not produce the receipt for NBC 4 New York and could not explain why the family's credit card was charged for more.
    This is really a reach here. When you go to a restaurant and pay with a credit card, you are presented with 2 CC receipts; 1 the customer copy and 1 the merchant copy as well as the original printed receipt. Both are identical with the exception of the designations. Both have the amount charged, a line for a tip, and the sig line. The reason why the manager said they can't produce the receipt is because they're full of it and know they have the receipt the customer signed and assigned a tip. The customers have the proof that they gave an $18 tip(about 20%). They're now playing dumb it seems.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I suppose it's possible that somebody else wrote the note and the waitress didn't know about the credit tip yet. I'm thinking that's not likely. So, if that waitress wrote that note to get attention (more likely), then that's shameful.
    Human lives matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I suppose it's possible that somebody else wrote the note and the waitress didn't know about the credit tip yet. I'm thinking that's not likely. So, if that waitress wrote that note to get attention (more likely), then that's shameful.
    The publicity can not be good for the restaurant right now.