1. #1 ABC Preaches the 'Gospel of Polyamory' and the Saving Power of Threesomes 
    When this is finally all over, Rick Santorum is going to look like a freaking genius.

ABC Preaches the 'Gospel of Polyamory' and the Saving Power of Threesomes
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-w...wer-threesomes

Moving past gay marriage, ABC News on Monday pushed the "gospel" of polyamory, having multiple romantic and sexual partners in an open relationship. Co-anchor Dan Harris hyped, "More couples opting to become triples or fourples. Live-in lovers spicing up the marital bed, even helping raise the children." [See video below. MP3 audio here.]

Harris opened the segment by lecturing, "Just for a minute, let's do a thought experiment. Let's set aside all of the emotion and consider whether the evangelists for open marriage might have a point." Reporter Nick Watt profiled Michael, Kamela and Rachel, a threesome "couple" that has sex with numerous people, all while raising a child. Watt described, "They're spreading the gospel of polyamory, hoping to speed up societal acceptance of this kind of set-up."

Watt could only manage the most meager criticism of polyamory. Talking to sexual psychologist Karen Stewart, he offered, "Watching your spouse having sex with somebody else is not really my bag, I've got to say."

Talking to the three sex partners, he admitted, "If my wife saw my face light up when I looked at another woman, she'd be pissed."

But mostly he offered little in the way of an opposing position. The psychologist Stewart mildly agreed that seeing her spouse have sex with other people didn't sound appealing.

This isn't the first time ABC has promoted polyamory. On January 4, 2012 Good Morning America touted the sex games of a "modern" family who date within their "species."

The comments section:

rcfrt floridavet
    • 9 hours ago

I think that many of us who have opposed same sex marriage on the grounds that it would mover further away from traditional marriage were castigated as being foolish. Need I say more?

Matthew Davidson floridavet
    • 6 hours ago

Yes, nobody believed me when I said the gay marriage issue would bring all the wickedness to the surface, now it's happening.

It did not always end well when I dated more then one girl at once. Including when they were roommates of mine.

I've known several people with these open and/or multiple partner marriages. Eventually all but one ended badly, because one person inevitably ended up being more attached and needy for one-on-one emotional support than the other(s). I really don't care who screws who or with what assistance as long as it's all consensual, but this stuff is really just in the 'Bad idea' box as any kind of long-term marriage-like thing.

I suppose that just like gay marriage, there will be a drive to legitimize this as a bunch of you-can't-help-who-(Or-what)-you-love bullshit when, like gay marriage, it's really a matter of getting at those traditional spousal benefits like insurance, tax breaks, and entitlement access.