Thread: Go Phillies!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hell yes! Finally my Phils are back in it...first NLCS game since '93 baby! God, I was 10 when they went to the World Series in '93 and remember it like yesterday. Daulton, Dykstra, Kruk, Inky....good lord we had Schilling, Mulholland & Mitch Williams...man that was such a great time to be a Phillies fan. I even got autographs once when my uncle got box seats at Veterans Stadium.

Now we've got a team with some real heart, badass talent and a realistic shot at a Series appearance. Man I wish I were in the states to go to a game with my dad. Not to mention we've got this guy:

:D
    Last edited by marinejcksn; 10-06-2008 at 03:41 PM.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Hell yes! Finally my Phils are back in it...first NLCS game since '93 baby! God, I was 10 when they went to the World Series in '93 and remember it like yesterday. Daulton, Dykstra, Kruk, Inky....good lord we had Schilling, Mulholland & Mitch Williams...man that was such a great time to be a Phillies fan. I even got autographs once when my uncle got box seats at Veterans Stadium.

Now we've got a team with some real heart, badass talent and a realistic shot at a Series appearance. Man I wish I were in the states to go to a game with my dad. Not to mention we've got this guy:

93 was the last time I followed baseball with any type of intensity. I watched about 70% of the Phils games that year, and about 30% of all others. It burned me out. But boy was it a fun year!!

I'm looking forward to it again.

I have to see, seeing the Pirates a few weeks ago I was shocked at how lame their mascot is compared to the Phanatic! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    93 was the last time I followed baseball with any type of intensity. I watched about 70% of the Phils games that year, and about 30% of all others. It burned me out. But boy was it a fun year!!

I'm looking forward to it again.

I have to see, seeing the Pirates a few weeks ago I was shocked at how lame their mascot is compared to the Phanatic! :D
    I haven't followed baseball like that in years either! I've always been a diehard Philly fan, spring games at the Vet every year and then Eagles games there in the fall...those were the days. :D

I even think my mom still has my Randall Cunningham #12 jersey.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

FYI.

Dodgers vs. Phillies in Game 1 in one hour fifteen minutes.

It's good to not be a Cubs or Mets fan. ;) :D
    Be Not Afraid.

And it's one up, one down!! Go Phils!!

Dodger fan since they played in the LA Coliseum - to Hell with the Phillies.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Dodger fan since they played in the LA Coliseum - to Hell with the Phillies.
    I am going to ask that you be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I am going to ask that you be banned.
    Oh No! :D
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post

Mitch Williams.?????

You mean Wild..choke...choke...choke...thing?

Broke my Fawkin Haaarrrt.....:p:D

How does anyone not love Kruk...?

You youngsters probably don't remember Tug McGraw?

Go Phillies.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Mitch Williams.?????

You mean Wild..choke...choke...choke...thing?

Broke my Fawkin Haaarrrt.....:p:D

How does anyone not love Kruk...?

You youngsters probably don't remember Tug McGraw?

Go Phillies.
    The Krukker was my favorite from that team! We were just talking about Mitch Williams today. One of my staff members loves him, so my client promised to bring him by one day when they're golfing. Darren Daulton was a jackass, but gawd he had a nice butt!

Tug McGraw? Of course I heard of him. Poor guy. His son does quite well now, you know? His other son, once he got that rape accusation behind him, turned out alright as well!