Thread: Martin Bashir Gone From MSNBC

1. #1 Martin Bashir Gone From MSNBC 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!

Martin Bashir has resigned from MSNBC after making disparaging on-air comments last month about Sarah Palin.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Fabulous Poster
    Someone seems to have taken a shit on his face.

Two down, one to go.

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Someone seems to have taken a shit on his face.
    That is hilarious, considering the comments he made about Sarah Palin that got him fired!

There is no excuse for what he said. There is no reason to use that type of language on a news network show. It's more suited for South Park. I'm no fan of Sarah Palin, but she doesn't deserve to have that kind of thing said about her.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    That is hilarious, considering the comments he made about Sarah Palin that got him fired!

There is no excuse for what he said. There is no reason to use that type of language on a news network show. It's more suited for South Park. I'm no fan of Sarah Palin, but she doesn't deserve to have that kind of thing said about her.
    I see Sarah Palin as a kind of whacky aunt or Anita Bryant type (albeit I think Palin is smarter than Anita was). LOL! I just looked her up, it seems she's still alive.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    WOW, the insane left is trying hard to spin this.

Instead of Giving Sarah Palin More Attention, Martin Bashir Quits His MSNBC Show

Martin Bashir abruptly resigned at MSNBC today, as the 4 PM host said he would rather quit than be a distraction, a.k.a. give Sarah Palin another second of attention.
    Here is the statement from Bashir,

After making an on-air apology, I asked for permission to take some additional time out around the Thanksgiving holiday. Upon further reflection, and after meeting with the President of MSNBC, I have tendered my resignation. It is my sincere hope that all of my colleagues, at this special network, will be allowed to focus on the issues that matter without the distraction of myself or my ill-judged comments. I deeply regret what was said, will endeavor to work hard at making constructive contributions in the future and will always have a deep appreciation for our viewers – who are the smartest, most compassionate and discerning of all television audiences. I would also wish to express deepest gratitude to my immediate colleagues, and our contributors, all of whom have given so much of themselves to our broadcast.

MSNBC head Phil Griffin made it clear that Sarah Palin didn’t get her way, “Martin Bashir resigned today, effective immediately. I understand his decision, and I thank him for three great years with MSNBC. Martin is a good man and respected colleague – we wish him only the best.”

Unlike when Griffin pushed Olbermann out the door, the network is saying nice things about Bashir. I take this as a message to Sarah Palin that she did not get her way. The network didn’t discipline Bashir for his comments about Palin, and I suspect that the door was open for him to come back to his show.

Bashir suggested that he was a distraction to the network, but his resignation has also denied Sarah Palin another cross to continue to nail herself to. Martin Bashir is an excellent journalist who had one of the best shows on MSNBC. Another network will quickly scoop up Bashir, but MSNBC is definitely weaker today than it was before he left.

Martin Bashir would rather quit than be exploited by Sarah Palin for another second. Bashir is a man of integrity who clearly reviled the gutter that Sarah Palin occupies.

Sarah Palin didn’t win here, but MSNBC definitely lost.
    Seriously, this is stupid, even for them.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

I guess Sarah Palin can see him packing his stuff up from her house :D

I love how people who dump on her like him get fired, i hope that dyke madcow does something like this
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Who?
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Who?
    I asked the same thing when this went down lol
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

It took something like this for me to hear Martin Bashir's name for the first time.