Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 93
  1. #21  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Wear yourself out.
    No effort required. Civil disobedience is an old American tradition.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Gay campgrounds for example, are extremely difficult to find where both men and women and children and grandparents are all welcome at the same time.
    That does sound odd. If all else fails just utilize a campground that does not discriminate against straights. Most campgrounds that I know of welcome gay guests just like they welcome all other guests, they could care less what your orientation is. It's ironic that a gay campground would discriminate.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act as amended in 2008
    You should really read the laws that you just spit out there like you know what you're talking about.


    The "as amended" part...deals with employees and their employers. It says NOTHING in the statute about refusing service based on sexual orientation...just hiring and promotion practices by businesses in Colorado.


    http://www.businessmanagementdaily.c...rimination-act


    Sorry DUmbass...just cause you WANT it to cover this BS...doesn't mean it actually does.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Wear yourself out.
    Speaking of wearing yourself out...I noticed you went way out of your way to avoid answering this part of what I said.


    Businesses establish rules all the time and reserve the right to refuse service to customers.

    How is this any different?

    And what would your opinion be if this was a bakery that centered to a gay clientele and refused to bake a cake for a straight couple?

    Well?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act as amended in 2008




    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,424
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    You should really read the laws that you just spit out there like you know what you're talking about.


    The "as amended" part...deals with employees and their employers. It says NOTHING in the statute about refusing service based on sexual orientation...just hiring and promotion practices by businesses in Colorado.


    http://www.businessmanagementdaily.c...rimination-act


    Sorry DUmbass...just cause you WANT it to cover this BS...doesn't mean it actually does.
    Liberals simply want to strip a business owner of his rights to run a business as he sees fit and then liberals wonder why unemployment is so high. Who the hell would want to start a small business if you are not allowed to make any of your own decisions after you invest your time, sweat and equity?

    Every business is supposed to bend over (pun intended) to accommodate less then 2% of the population know as the homosexuals.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    That does sound odd. If all else fails just utilize a campground that does not discriminate against straights. Most campgrounds that I know of welcome gay guests just like they welcome all other guests, they could care less what your orientation is. It's ironic that a gay campground would discriminate.
    Such things rarely occur in a vacuum. There are basically two kinds of gay campgrounds: comfort and political. The places that came into being for comfort were indeed as the result of discrimination and/or discomfort at existing campground. I remember a case with KOA in particular and their "families only" policy which excluded same sex couples. The political would be "womyns" campgrounds which made the news in the 1990's not only for excluding men but also excluding MTF Transexuals.

    So while today it may be less of a big deal or no big deal for gay couples to enjoy a mainstream campground, the gay resorts came about for a reason. And in typical gay fashion, they took the campground concept and dressed it up considerably in some cases. Here in Florida, one the gay campgrounds has all the amenities of the better campgrounds (restaurant, pool, cabins, seasonal sites, store, security, etc...) plus a nightclub and dancehall that is the social center of the rural gay scene.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Such things rarely occur in a vacuum. There are basically two kinds of gay campgrounds: comfort and political. The places that came into being for comfort were indeed as the result of discrimination and/or discomfort at existing campground. I remember a case with KOA in particular and their "families only" policy which excluded same sex couples. The political would be "womyns" campgrounds which made the news in the 1990's not only for excluding men but also excluding MTF Transexuals.

    So while today it may be less of a big deal or no big deal for gay couples to enjoy a mainstream campground, the gay resorts came about for a reason. And in typical gay fashion, they took the campground concept and dressed it up considerably in some cases. Here in Florida, one the gay campgrounds has all the amenities of the better campgrounds (restaurant, pool, cabins, seasonal sites, store, security, etc...) plus a nightclub and dancehall that is the social center of the rural gay scene.
    *ahem*

    Businesses establish rules all the time and reserve the right to refuse service to customers.

    How is this any different?

    And what would your opinion be if this was a bakery that centered to a gay clientele and refused to bake a cake for a straight couple?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    So while today it may be less of a big deal or no big deal for gay couples to enjoy a mainstream campground, the gay resorts came about for a reason. And in typical gay fashion, they took the campground concept and dressed it up considerably in some cases. Here in Florida, one the gay campgrounds has all the amenities of the better campgrounds (restaurant, pool, cabins, seasonal sites, store, security, etc...) plus a nightclub and dancehall that is the social center of the rural gay scene.
    That sounds like the condition of oppressed blacks under Jim Crow to me.

    This is why the whole notion of gay "rights" is a joke.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    *ahem*

    Businesses establish rules all the time and reserve the right to refuse service to customers.

    How is this any different?

    And what would your opinion be if this was a bakery that centered to a gay clientele and refused to bake a cake for a straight couple?
    I have stated repeatedly that i believe businesses should enjoy freedom of association as an extension of the owner's freedom of association. My opinion is howbeit in conflict with the law.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •