1. #1 Violins, please.... (Weep for Congressional staffers who can't access Obamacare) 
    With a deadline looming, Hill staffers face their own health enrollment snags
    http://www.politico.com/story/2013/1...gs-100791.html

Capitol Hill staffers are hitting multiple obstacles in trying to enroll in the Obamacare exchange just days before the federal government’s deadline for getting coverage.

They and lawmakers have until Monday to sign up on DC Health Link, the District’s insurance exchange, if they want to maintain the government’s generous employer contribution to their health insurance.

But as crunch time approaches, Democratic and Republican staffers are getting error messages, denials, notices that they’re enrolled in multiple plans and incomplete confirmation — as well as a website that went down briefly Thursday.

Officials at DC Health Link say that they are working quickly to fix each problem. But the snags are causing a lot of frustration and grief.

“Anyone else not able to log in or use [the site]?” Jessica Vanden Berg, chief of staff to Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii), wrote late Thursday to other Democratic chiefs of staff in an email obtained by POLITICO. “No one in my office can today.”

...Several staffers said that any log-in name they entered on the website came back with a rejection notice or that once they enrolled, they didn’t get an actual confirmation of coverage, making many nervous that they’d be uninsured as of Jan. 1. Their experiences parallel some of the troubles that million of Americans confronted following the disastrous launch of the federal HealthCare.gov portal.

“On three separate occasions, we were … asked to re-submit our personal information (Social Security numbers and dates of birth) for each person in our family,” one Senate staffer said of the local exchange.

Others got rejection alerts because they live in Virginia or Maryland but were trying to sign up on the D.C. exchange. District officials blamed that error on staffers applying for individual or family coverage instead of policies through the small business exchange, or SHOP.

Government regulations under the health law require them to use SHOP if they want to continue receiving the regular employer contribution to their health plans. Staffers’ worry is that if they’re not successfully enrolled by Monday’s deadline, they‘ll lose a benefit that amounts to up to 75 percent of their premium costs....

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    With a deadline looming, Hill staffers face their own health enrollment snags
    http://www.politico.com/story/2013/1...gs-100791.html

Capitol Hill staffers are hitting multiple obstacles in trying to enroll in the Obamacare exchange just days before the federal government’s deadline for getting coverage.

They and lawmakers have until Monday to sign up on DC Health Link, the District’s insurance exchange, if they want to maintain the government’s generous employer contribution to their health insurance.

But as crunch time approaches, Democratic and Republican staffers are getting error messages, denials, notices that they’re enrolled in multiple plans and incomplete confirmation — as well as a website that went down briefly Thursday.

Officials at DC Health Link say that they are working quickly to fix each problem. But the snags are causing a lot of frustration and grief.

“Anyone else not able to log in or use [the site]?” Jessica Vanden Berg, chief of staff to Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii), wrote late Thursday to other Democratic chiefs of staff in an email obtained by POLITICO. “No one in my office can today.”

...Several staffers said that any log-in name they entered on the website came back with a rejection notice or that once they enrolled, they didn’t get an actual confirmation of coverage, making many nervous that they’d be uninsured as of Jan. 1. Their experiences parallel some of the troubles that million of Americans confronted following the disastrous launch of the federal HealthCare.gov portal.

“On three separate occasions, we were … asked to re-submit our personal information (Social Security numbers and dates of birth) for each person in our family,” one Senate staffer said of the local exchange.

Others got rejection alerts because they live in Virginia or Maryland but were trying to sign up on the D.C. exchange. District officials blamed that error on staffers applying for individual or family coverage instead of policies through the small business exchange, or SHOP.

Government regulations under the health law require them to use SHOP if they want to continue receiving the regular employer contribution to their health plans. Staffers’ worry is that if they’re not successfully enrolled by Monday’s deadline, they‘ll lose a benefit that amounts to up to 75 percent of their premium costs....
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Now y'all have to have more sympathy that that!

Okay...

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Marv, you cracked me up!

I actually do have empathy for those that are caught in this situation. Some of these folks have family members, including children that are receiving medical treatment.

This has to be causing a lot of family stress and worry during the Christmas season.

I am thankful that I do not have to use any of the exchanges. I am not thankful that my premium rose 252%.

Don't be too empathetic. They got an "extension":

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/12/0...-will-be-fine/

Members of Congress and their staffs will be allowed to keep their health insurance past the end of the year deadline because of persistent problems plaguing the DC Health Link, The Colorado Observer has learned...

The memo from Chief Administrative Officer of the House Dan Strodel said that while they are awaiting a decision to keep the enrollment time open past Dec. 9, health insurance coverage would be extended through Jan. 31.
    However, this only applies to Congress, not to state level lawmakers and their staffs:

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/12/0...-will-be-fine/

Several Colorado lawmakers and staffers planned to enroll in the DC exchange, including Democratic Reps. Diana DeGette, Jared Polis, and Ed Perlmutter.

The deadline extension will apply to them, but not to Colorado Republicans who opted to enroll in the Colorado exchange, including Reps. Scott Tipton, and Cory Gardner. Republican Rep. Doug Lamborn has not announced which exchange he will opt for.