1. #1 Knockout game hits universities 
    http://collegeinsurrection.com/

Yale Police Responding to 7 “Knockout Game” Reports

Yale students and New Haven residents are experiencing the arrival of a new crime pattern that has gained national attention in recent weeks — the “knockout game.”

The game refers to attacks on pedestrians by groups of young adults. The assaulters approach their victims on public streets, hit them and run away. After speaking to the New Haven Police Department, Yale Police Chief Ronnell Higgins notified the campus community about the violent new trend in an email on Nov. 21. There were seven reported cases of street violence in New Haven this November that could be linked to the “knockout game.”

The most recent incident occurred close to Gateway Community College, on the Church Street overpass, according to Higgins’ email alert. New Haven Police are still uncertain as to whether the reported acts of violence were incidents of “knockout.”...

Police investigating whether late night sucker punch on edge of Cornell campus was part of “knockout game.

November 18, 2013
    Assault reported on University Ave, near Lake St, 11/16/13
    The Ithaca Police Department is investigating a reported assault that occurred on

University Ave., near Lake Street, around 3:11 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 16, 2013.

According to the male victim, he and a friend were walking on University Ave., near Lake Street, when they were approached by two males. The victim reports that the two males did not say anything, but one of the males punched the victim in the face with a closed fist causing pain and physical injury. The victim describes the perpetrators as a tall black male wearing dark clothing and a shorter Hispanic male also wearing dark clothing. The perpetrators then fled the area in a southerly direction on University Ave. The extent of the injury to the victim was not immediately apparent at the time of the incident and has been upgraded to an Assault....

This knock out game is one of those things that I wonder sometimes if paying attention to it just causes it to spread.

We had a game in the dorms that was popular in the early/mid 80s called Assassin. I did not participate, but one of my roommates did. It involved squirt guns and once you were killed you were out. Patty lasted about 24 hours before someone shot her. There were safe zones-your dorm room, the cafeteria, all classroom buildings, the library, etc. Nobody got hurt, but I bet they don't allow that anymore. It was allowed then, but not necessarily endorsed by the university.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    This knock out game is one of those things that I wonder sometimes if paying attention to it just causes it to spread.

We had a game in the dorms that was popular in the early/mid 80s called Assassin. I did not participate, but one of my roommates did. It involved squirt guns and once you were killed you were out. Patty lasted about 24 hours before someone shot her. There were safe zones-your dorm room, the cafeteria, all classroom buildings, the library, etc. Nobody got hurt, but I bet they don't allow that anymore. It was allowed then, but not necessarily endorsed by the university.
    But nobody got killed playing Assassin, I assume.