Ah, the race game. We Hillary supporters know it well.

http://edgeoforever.wordpress.com/20...kmails-mccain/

AP blackmails McCain: change subject from economy, we’ll make you racist

AP - the ones who replaced articles after the debate to make Palin look worse, are now twisting themselves in a pretzel to discredit Palin accusations about Obama-Ayers connection. The gist of the aricle would be - it’s not true so stop saying that - and you’re a racist to boot!

I am going to skip over the Ayers defense - just noting how the entire press is suddenly in the business of defending Obama and go straight to the race card.

How to accomplish that? Ayers is white man so, using the TIME/Raines attempt can’t work.

More is needed:

In a post-Sept. 11 America, terrorists are envisioned as dark-skinned radical Muslims, not the homegrown anarchists of Ayers’ day 40 years ago. With Obama a relative unknown when he began his campaign, the Internet hummed with false e-mails about ties to radical Islam of a foreign-born candidate.
So, the fact that Ayers is white is neutralized by…September the 11.

But wait, the racism might have been…unintentional (so stop mentioning Ayers and we may stop)

Whether intended or not by the McCain campaign, portraying Obama as “not like us” is another potential appeal to racism. It suggests that the Hawaiian-born Christian is, at heart, un-American.
and even if unintended, it messes with the “post-racial illusion they try to help Obama create - like that time, with Wright

Most troubling, however, is how allowing racism to creep into the discussion serves McCain’s purpose so well.
Wait! Who brought racism into the discussion? Was it McCain? Was it Clinton? or was it this guy and his media. And here comes the demand:

As the fallout from Wright’s sermons showed earlier this year, forcing Obama to abandon issues to talk about race leads to unresolved arguments about America’s promise to treat all people equally.
and here comes the threat:

John McCain occasionally looks back on decisions with regret. He has apologized for opposing a holiday to honor Martin Luther King Jr. He has apologized for refusing to call for the removal of a Confederate flag from South Carolina’s Capitol.
(I never remember AP ever being on the right side of those issues either)

Last sentence: “you’ll be sorry if you cross us” - in case anyone missed the threat

When the 2008 campaign is over McCain might regret appeals such as Palin’s perhaps more so if he wins.
Oh, and I missed the insult

“It’s a giant changing of the subject,” said Jenny Backus, a Democratic strategist. “The problem is the messenger. If you want to start throwing fire bombs, you don’t send out the fluffy bunny to do it. I think people don’t take Sarah Palin seriously.”
Update

Palin’s response:

“The Associated Press is wrong,” Palin said. “The comments are about an association that has been known but hasn’t been talked about, and I think it’s fair to talk about where Barack Obama kicked off his political career, in the guy’s living room.”

“The heels are on, the gloves are off,” she declares, a threat delivered with a smile.
She doesn’t look that “fluffy” to me.