1. #1 Lieberman: America may be ready... 
    ...to bust out and go for a third party

Retired Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Vt.), who made a famous switch from the Democratic Party to Independent status after an intraparty revolt over his Iraq war stance, said he thinks the time may be nearing when a third party can break out in the U.S.

“It’s an uphill climb, although a strong third-party candidate can actually affect what the other two parties are doing. I mean, the bottom line here is that the two parties are frustrating,” Lieberman told Fox Business Network. “I would say, a majority of the people, they mean — each of the core constituencies that are happy, but a majority of the people feel that the two parties just have to get together and compromise and get something done for the country. And we used to think that the way to deal with that is through elections.”

(snip)

As far as success for independent candidates, Lieberman declared “the best that has happened in recent decades is Ross Perot.”

“So he ended up getting 20 percent of the vote. In fact, he changed the agenda and the priorities of the two parties. He made particularly a balanced budget a priority. And President Clinton, then Governor Clinton ran on it. It took him a while, but together with Newt Gingrich, and some others actually got it done in 1997,” he said.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Go Bernie Sanders!
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender