Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39
  1. #11  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Isn't that super expensive? (My coworker is in the midst of a divorce and she's worried about money. Personally, I think that's why her eyelashes are falling out, but that's just conjecture.)

    Stress can cause hair loss and this includes eyelashes. Thinning eyelashes could be the sign of a hidden medical condition, it might be a good idea to run it by her doctor. This is just my opinion, not medical advice.

    Vitamins are beneficial to hair growth. There are several serums out there that are non prescription. Here are a few ideas: http://www.livestrong.com/article/17...-my-eyelashes/

    The prescription is expensive, one bottle lasts about two months and I have yet to see an insurance company pay for it. Latisse is the name of the drug.

    Some more info on the drug and prices: http://www.realself.com/question/how...s-latisse-cost
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,065
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Latisse is the name of the drug.
    Yup that's it. Brooke Shields, who has natural, beautiful long lashes, is the spokesperson.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You are far too young for that.
    I'm in my early 40's...I'm not too young. I notice my "11"'s on top of my nose too. I don't have frown lines yet, or lines around the corner of my eyes or lips...but it won't be long.

    I don't think I'd get work done though, I'd rather spend that money on a vacation.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,333
    People in their 30's want to go back to 20's people in their 40's want to go back to 30's, we need to be happy where we are at in time. Every decade you live is a gift.

    Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Yup that's it. Brooke Shields, who has natural, beautiful long lashes, is the spokesperson.
    Latisse and Botox are made by the same drug company, they also make breast implants. One stop shopping for Hollywood.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I'm in my early 40's...I'm not too young. I notice my "11"'s on top of my nose too. I don't have frown lines yet, or lines around the corner of my eyes or lips...but it won't be long.

    I don't think I'd get work done though, I'd rather spend that money on a vacation.
    I'm going to be 50 next year, and I have some of those things. The wonderful people of the Aveda company have a line of products that has stopped the problem areas from getting any worse, if you can afford it. The products are their Green Science line.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,065
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm going to be 50 next year, and I have some of those things. The wonderful people of the Aveda company have a line of products that has stopped the problem areas from getting any worse, if you can afford it. The products are their Green Science line.
    Thx, I'll look into that.

    I started using Avon Anew day and night creams(their over 40 line), but I'm forgetful and don't always use the products. It's $30 per item for a tiny amount, but they work. When I wear their night cream, my face feels very tight the next morning..and I look less tired.
    http://shop.avon.com/product.aspx?ne...2&pdept_id=323
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Drive-by Poster ABC in Georgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post

    I started using Avon Anew day and night creams(their over 40 line), but I'm forgetful and don't always use the products. It's $30 per item for a tiny amount, but they work. When I wear their night cream, my face feels very tight the next morning..and I look less tired.
    http://shop.avon.com/product.aspx?ne...2&pdept_id=323
    Hawk ... You are a sweetheart. Thanks for the Avon link.

    I have always taken care of my skin, never use soap, exfoliate daily, and keep it looking it's best. Have never used night cream of any kind, but this sounds like a great product! Had 101 recommendations for it on the site..

    The link even put me in touch with a local representative. Can't wait to try it.

    ~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,265
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,265
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •