Thread: RIP Charley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 RIP Charley 
    Charley was one of a set of triplets born to his mama who adopted us over 11 years ago...I actually had to help the vet bring him into the world but today he went to the Rainbow Bridge due to complications from thyroid disease. I was his human mama and I will miss him so very much.

Liz
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    —Benjamin Franklin
    Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

What a pair of eyes.......

Sorry for your loss.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Good bye Charlie.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

How sad.

Very sorry about your loss :(
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Thanks everyone. It helps that I still have his mom and sisters.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    —Benjamin Franklin

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Very sorry for your loss SL.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Southernlady, I feel for you. When you're there from the beginning, you are indeed the "human mama." I am so sorry for your loss.

E.

Elspeth...so true.

The day he was born, my husband and I had gone out to run errands. We got back home to discover his mom (Maggie) had had his two elder sisters...then she stopped her labor about supper time for some reason. I knew that if she didn't start back in active labor, we would lose her and her two kittens, so we bundled all of them up and headed to the Emergency Vet that evening.

The vet we saw gave her some shots to get her going again but it was ALMOST midnight before Charley decided to make his appearance. I was back there with Maggie and her two babies to help her not feel so stressed. So I watched him and actually helped him arrive in this world.

But I could not watch him leave it...I have done that before and just couldn't do it again.
    —Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by southernlady View Post
    Elspeth...so true.

The day he was born, my husband and I had gone out to run errands. We got back home to discover his mom (Maggie) had had his two elder sisters...then she stopped her labor about supper time for some reason. I knew that if she didn't start back in active labor, we would lose her and her two kittens, so we bundled all of them up and headed to the Emergency Vet that evening.

The vet we saw gave her some shots to get her going again but it was ALMOST midnight before Charley decided to make his appearance. I was back there with Maggie and her two babies to help her not feel so stressed. So I watched him and actually helped him arrive in this world.

But I could not watch him leave it...I have done that before and just couldn't do it again.
    What an amazing story. I am so sorry again for your loss. If it's any comfort, you gave Charley a life where he was comfortable and loved. I am certain that he knew it and reciprocated in his own way.

E.