Thread: Utah Is on Track to End Homelessness by 2015 With This One Simple Idea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Utah Is on Track to End Homelessness by 2015 With This One Simple Idea 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    And DUmmies are supposed to be the "Deep Thinkers"...

Sat Dec 21, 2013, 08:06 PM
    Scuba

Utah Is on Track to End Homelessness by 2015 With This One Simple Idea

http://www.nationswell.com/one-state...lessness-2015/

Give them an apartment first, ask questions later.

Utah has reduced its rate of chronic homelessness by 78 percent over the past eight years, moving 2000 people off the street and putting the state on track to eradicate homelessness altogether by 2015. How’d they do it? The state is giving away apartments, no strings attached. In 2005, Utah calculated the annual cost of E.R. visits and jail stays for an average homeless person was $16,670, while the cost of providing an apartment and social worker would be $11,000. Each participant works with a caseworker to become self-sufficient, but if they fail, they still get to keep their apartment.

MORE: San Francisco’s homeless take free showers on a bus retrofitted with bathrooms

Other states are eager to emulate Utah’s results. Wyoming has seen its homeless population more than double in the past three years, and it only provides shelter for 26 percent of them, the lowest rate in the country. City officials in Casper, Wyoming, now plan to launch a pilot program using the methods of Utah’s Housing First program. There’s no telling how far the idea might go.

***Sigh*** DUmmies, it's UTAH!!! Why don't you dimwits try this idea in say...NYC.

And I support giving all homeless a ONE WAY ticket north from FL to UT. Let us see
    how long the program lasts then.

Do gooding morons...
    May the FORCE be with you!

They're trying a version of this in Sarasota, hiring an "expert" from Texas to teach the folks in this resort city to solve the homeless problem. They're throwing a lot of tax dollars at it. We should soon be the mecca for the homeless wanting a nice winter vacation, courtesy of our taxpayers.

In the meantime,the homeless congregate in the downtown area, being belligerent & harassing tourists trying to eat peacefully in one of the many restaurants with sidewalk tables, blowing smoke in the faces of folks minding their own business, etc. One basic ? I have----where do they get the money for all the smokes?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    They're trying a version of this in Sarasota, hiring an "expert" from Texas to teach the folks in this resort city to solve the homeless problem. They're throwing a lot of tax dollars at it. We should soon be the mecca for the homeless wanting a nice winter vacation, courtesy of our taxpayers.

In the meantime,the homeless congregate in the downtown area, being belligerent & harassing tourists trying to eat peacefully in one of the many restaurants with sidewalk tables, blowing smoke in the faces of folks minding their own business, etc. One basic ? I have----where do they get the money for all the smokes?
    The money people give to them

Wait a minute here.

I have to pay 30% of my monthly SSI for rent, and pay my utilities with the rest, while some drunken, stoned out sh*t bum gets it for free?

Welcome to Moonbat America; the more you f*ck up, the more they give you.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

They'll find out soon enough that the homeless population is not a closed set, but is capable of increasing to the limit of any resources they care to commit to the program via interstate immigration.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    I can kinda see the logic of it, in the simple math part. It cost more to jail them and them heading to the ER when it gets bad weather, then simply pay for a simple room.

But that is where it fails too.

First of which as we all know, comes the free loaders. Why should I pay rent when I can claim homelessness and get a free place?

Then three are the land lords, who tend to charge more when the city pays, then when it's the tenants. And charge more for repairs as city's tend to just write checks.

Then there is the home owners in the area. They suffer lower land values as drug addicts move in to those free homes.

I'm sure that is just the tip of it all.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Fabulous Poster
    OK, so feature this. A national program to end homelessness. We move them all to Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I can kinda see the logic of it, in the simple math part. It cost more to jail them and them heading to the ER when it gets bad weather, then simply pay for a simple room.

But that is where it fails too.

First of which as we all know, comes the free loaders. Why should I pay rent when I can claim homelessness and get a free place?

Then three are the land lords, who tend to charge more when the city pays, then when it's the tenants. And charge more for repairs as city's tend to just write checks.

Then there is the home owners in the area. They suffer lower land values as drug addicts move in to those free homes.

I'm sure that is just the tip of it all.
    And, once the freeloaders and homeless are ensconced in their new homes, they bring the joys of their lifestyles with them. Drugs, prostitution and other crime will soar in the neighborhoods that they inhabit. Eventually, they will become slums. But the liberals who implemented it will pat themselves on the back for their "compassion" as move into gated communities, but the people who can't afford that will watch their home values collapse and their lives get blighted, and when they object to the destruction of their communities, they'll be singled out as racists by the same liberals whose compassion for thugs and thieves doesn't extend to working people.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    That's a fact Jack.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    OK, so feature this. A national program to end homelessness. We move them all to Detroit.
    Jeas even I'm not that heartless...
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009