Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Truth is I had never watched the show much till this year and it didn't take long at all to appreciate what a bunch of funny and decent people the Roberson's are.
    I don't know why Liberals hate the guy.

He has a Master's in Education. Check. Liberal.
    He's an alcoholic and drug addict. Check. Liberal.
    He's an adulterer. Check. Liberal.

Or at least he was. He's right in the Liberal wheelhouse.

I imagine they dislike him because he played football and hunted. I don't see pajama boy doing too much of that.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Why aren't you? Don't you care about the Jewish population being upset?

Or the muslims, hindus, atheists, buddhists, wiccans, satanists and every other fake religion out there. Why don't you care about them too?
    I have enough problems with Christians to worry about what all those others guys think. And that is just in my church.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I have enough problems with Christians to worry about what all those others guys think. And that is just in my church.
    What problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    What problems?
    It was a joke. JB was having a bit of fun and I responded. Nothing more. I have zero problems with those in my church.

It was a joke. JB was having a bit of fun and I responded. Nothing more. I have zero problems with those in my church.
    Give it time...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    Oh.

I guess if you like your church, you can keep your church.

Power CUer
    Now Twitter has joined the war on the Duck:

'Duck Dynasty': Twitter Blocks 'iStandWithPhil.com' Content
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...philcom-667551

Links to the pro-Phil Robertson online petition drive have been flagged for content on the social media platform.

In the latest development in the ongoing culture war surrounding Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson’s controversial remarks on homosexuality, the pro-Robertson website iStandwithPhil.com has been flagged on Twitter, prohibiting users from posting messages containing links to the page.

iStandWithPhil.com, run by the organization Faith Driven Consumer, has posted a petition demanding that A&E reinstate Robertson and issue a formal apology to his family and his fans. In four days, the petition has collected more than 195,000 signatures out of its goal of 200,000 since it was posted online Friday.

...The Christian advocacy group complained Monday that Twitter has blocked users from tweeting about the petition drive. “This marks at least the third major shutdown of a pro-Phil Robertson social media account since the story broke days ago,” said the group in a statement, which did not list other groups it says have also had their tweets blocked by Twitter.

Faith Driven Consumer says it does not know why it is being blocked, as a diagnostic page says the site "has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days."

A Twitter spokesperson said the company does not comment on actions relating to a specific account or site.

Twitter generally does not act to block content until receiving a report from another user or group of users. That complaint is then reviewed by Twitter, who decides whether to take action. Normally, the blocked account holder receives an email notifying them of the action being taken....

Progressives fight dirty.After living here on the East Coast area, I'm so disgusted with the general East Coast haughtiness. I'd trade 20 of the phony libtards around here for 1 Phil Robertson. He's not an uneducated fool. He's a cool guy. He makes effete guys like pajama boy look even more effete. I'm ready to move back to the heartland, where people are more real, without the lousy snobbishness.

I'm editing this to explain. I might sound like I don't like people from the East Coast. This isn't true, but a reaction to some of the haughty libs I've met in Florida. It's a whole new experience for me & I shouldn't paint with such a broad brush. There are snobs in St Louis,too. Sunset Country Club as built because years ago the local snobs didn't want the lowly German brewers, the Busch's (as in Anheuser Busch) included in their elite club. So the Busch's created their own club.

Rotten snobbishness knows no boundaries.
    Last edited by SaintLouieWoman; 12-23-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

It's funny how every culture/race in this country is off limits to ridicule.....except for the white folk. We done gone still bein punished for slavery days....first honey boo, then snooki jersey whore...followed by the Robertson's...but as the OP suggests, people actually relate more to the Robinson's than "modern family". Now A & E, must choose....principle or $$$. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    He's entitled to his opinions, but you have to expect to be held accountable for those opinions if you're in the public eye (which I guess he was, although you couldn't prove it by me).
    Yes, he is entitled to his opinions. And, he seems perfectly comfortable with being held accountable for them.