Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Rounding people up and arresting them is never the first move. It's the end game for pogroms.
    You're making a huge leap here.

I'm no fan of KGB Putin, but so far, I see no evidence of anything serious enough to start talking about pogroms.

What Putin is doing is curtailing free speech, at the least. If I were performing the same job I do in Russia, and one of my kids was gay and tried to commit suicide, I could be arrested for telling him it's okay that he's gay-especially if I was also gay, then I'd be "proselytizing".
    Russia doesn't have a First Amendment, which is the basis of our free speech.

That being said, I have been looking for what the anti-propaganda law actually does to see if your scenario would actually occur in Russia now:

From the The New Yorker

In June, the Russian parliament, the Duma, passed a law barring “propaganda” about “nontraditional sexual relations” without a single dissenting vote. (Some local legislatures, including those of Ryazan, Arkhangelsk, and St. Petersburg, had already approved versions of their own.)

...The law defines the offending “propaganda” as “the purposeful and uncontrolled distribution of information that can harm the spiritual or physical health of a minor, including forming the erroneous impression of the social equality of traditional and nontraditional marital relations.” It effectively prohibits gay-rights demonstrations...
    If this is the correct English translation of the law, then the propaganda must be about claiming an equivalence between heterosexual marriage and some form of homosexual commitment. Of course, once government decides to curtail speech, arrest can hinge on interpretation, and that can lead to the slippery slope of a social worker not being able to validate a client.

I will have to read more on this from original sources.

Rounding people up and arresting them is never the first move. It's the end game for pogroms.
    You mean like what Bill Ayers wants to do to those who are of the "wrong way of thinking"? Rounding people up and 'disposing' of them is a leftist ideal.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

It's the Russians we're talking about. They one time even outlawed stuff like political freedom,rock music and the bible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_an...l_of_communism

Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    It's the Russians we're talking about. They one time even outlawed stuff like political freedom,rock music and the bible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_an...l_of_communism

They can eat shrimp without cocktail sauce though.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

39 year old hetero men sleep with 19 year old females on a regular basis.
    Yea, that's a pretty glaring flaw in this flawed article.

Unless, of course, the author believes that older men sleeping with 19 year old women forces heterosexuality on them before they can decide to be lesbians.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Yea, that's a pretty glaring flaw in this flawed article.

Unless, of course, the author believes that older men sleeping with 19 year old women forces heterosexuality on them before they can decide to be lesbians.
    There's a reason for the "glaring flaw." Homosexuality is actually a fluid thing from the mid teens to the late 20s. Heterosexuality at these ages is much more stable. Without intervention of any kind, teens who identify as homosexual can shift their identification in their late 20s.

Here are links to some of the research appearing in peer reviewed academic journals:

1. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12639578

Soc Sci Med. 2003 Apr;56(8):1607-15.
    Same-sex attraction in a birth cohort: prevalence and persistence in early adulthood.
    Dickson N, Paul C, Herbison P.
    Author information
    Abstract

There is a continuing debate about the importance of social versus biological factors in the expression of same-sex attraction. Investigation of prevalence, continuities, and changes over time among young adults growing up in a country with a relatively accepting climate to homosexuality is likely to illuminate this debate. Analyses were therefore undertaken of self-reported same-sex attraction at age 21 and 26, in a cohort of about 1000 people born in 1972/3 in one New Zealand city. Participants were also asked about same-sex behaviour and attitudes to same-sex relationships. By age 26, 10.7% of men and 24.5% of women reported being attracted to their own sex at some time. This dropped to 5.6% of men and 16.4% of women who reported some current same-sex attraction. Current attraction predominantly to their own sex or equally to both sexes (major attraction) was reported by 1.6% of men and 2.1% of women. Occasional same-sex attraction, but not major attraction, was more common among the most educated. Between age 21 and 26, slightly more men moved away from an exclusive heterosexual attraction (1.9% of all men) than moved towards it (1.0%), while for women, many more moved away (9.5%) than towards (1.3%) exclusive heterosexual attraction. These findings show that much same-sex attraction is not exclusive and is unstable in early adulthood, especially among women. The proportion of women reporting some same-sex attraction in New Zealand is high compared both to men, and to women in the UK and US. These observations, along with the variation with education, are consistent with a large role for the social environment in the acknowledgement of same-sex attraction. The smaller group with major same-sex attraction, which changed less over time, and did not differ by education, is consistent with a basic biological dimension to sexual attraction. Overall these findings argue against any single explanation for homosexual attraction.
    2. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15803251

Arch Sex Behav. 2005 Apr;34(2):173-83.
    Sex differences in the flexibility of sexual orientation: a multidimensional retrospective assessment.
    Kinnish KK, Strassberg DS, Turner CW.
    Author information
    Abstract

The flexibility of sexual orientation in men and women was examined by assessing self-reported change over time for three dimensions of sexual orientation (sexual fantasy, romantic attraction, and sexual behavior) across three categorical classifications of current sexual orientation (heterosexual, bisexual, and gay). The primary purpose of the study was to determine if there were sex differences in the flexibility (i.e., change over time) of sexual orientation and how such differences were manifested across different dimensions of orientation over the lifespan. Retrospective, life-long ratings of sexual orientation were made by 762 currently self-identified heterosexual, bisexual, and gay men and women, aged 36 to 60, via a self-report questionnaire. Cumulative change scores were derived for each of the three dimensions (fantasy, romantic attraction, and sexual behavior) of orientation by summing the differences between ratings over consecutive 5-year historical time periods (from age 16 to the present). Sex differences were observed for most, but not all, classification groups. There were significant sex differences in reported change in orientation over time for gays and heterosexuals, with women reporting greater change in orientation over time than did men. Bisexual men and women did not differ with respect to self-reported change in orientation.
    3. http://link.springer.com/article/10....-9088-5#page-1

Archives of Sexual Behavior
    June 2007, Volume 36, Issue 3, pp 385-394
    Prevalence and Stability of Sexual Orientation Components During Adolescence and Young Adulthood

Ritch C. Savin-Williams,
    Geoffrey L. Ream

Abstract

Analyses of three waves (6 years) of the National Longitudinal Survey of Adolescent Health data explored the prevalence and stability of sexual orientation and whether these two parameters varied by biologic sex, sexual orientation component (romantic attraction, sexual behavior, sexual identity), and degree of component. Prevalence rates for nonheterosexuality varied between 1 and 15% and depended on biologic sex (higher among females), sexual orientation component (highest for romantic attraction), degree of component (highest if “mostly heterosexual” was included with identity), and the interaction of these (highest for nonheterosexual identity among females). Although kappa statistics testing for temporal stability across waves were significant, they failed to reach acceptable levels of agreement and could be largely attributable to the stability of opposite-sex rather than same-sex attraction and behavior. Migration over time among sexual orientation components was in both directions, from opposite-sex attraction and behavior to same-sex attraction and behavior and vice versa. To assess sexual orientation, investigators should measure multiple components over time or abandon the general notion of sexual orientation and measure only those components relevant for the research question.

This last study makes it clear that heterosexuality is more stable than homosexuality in young people, although there is some fluidity, especially among young women. This study also suggests that "sexual orientation" is not a statistically viable notion and, quite possibly, should be abandoned.

On a personal note, I believe that these studies explain Mrs. DeBlasio and her ability to go from "out" lesbian in her teens and early twenties to marrying a man in her 30s.

So they were the forerunner of today's Democrat Party in the U.S. Who knew!
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Figures. What i understand about Putin is that he is ex KGB. It is still Soviet Russia,even though they call it Russian Federation.

No I think it was you didn't have the freedom to bring a bible to a rock concert or something like that.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg