Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Momma just stopped by to visit them again , she came in and cleaned them all. As soon as her milk comes back and all three are walking good they can go back out with her.
    Since there are three I will have to help her out with the milk or she will have a hard time keeping up.
    She carried them so long overdue that her milk got thick like vanilla frosting so I will have to hand milk a few days to get her back in shape.
    Most of the mothers will abandon their babies when they have this much trouble and have to be separated from them, but Barry waits by the gate to come in and see them when she isn't eating hay, she just gets a minute to lick them off and she has to go back outside.
    She is the tamest goat I have and rides on the golf cart with me.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Since there are three I will have to help her out with the milk or she will have a hard time keeping up.
    Do you hold them on your chest or did you buy yourself a pump?
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Do you hold them on your chest or did you buy yourself a pump?
    I had a feeling that was coming.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Two questions Rock ...

How big are new-born baby goats? Compared to full grown, that is.

And more important, why would you name the poor mother, after Obama?
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Two questions Rock ...

How big are new-born baby goats? Compared to full grown, that is.

And more important, why would you name the poor mother, after Obama?
    Her mother's name is Holly. baby goats range from 2 to 5 pounds, quadruplets is an unbelievable load

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Momma just stopped by to visit them again , she came in and cleaned them all. As soon as her milk comes back and all three are walking good they can go back out with her.
    She carried them so long overdue that her milk got thick like vanilla frosting so I will have to hand milk a few days to get her back in shape.
    Most of the mothers will abandon their babies when they have this much trouble and have to be separated from them, but Barry waits by the gate to come in and see them when she isn't eating hay, she just gets a minute to lick them off and she has to go back outside.
    She is the tamest goat I have and rides on the golf cart with me.
    She sounds like a good momma goat. They're darling.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

New lanolins

Now if I could get that darned squirrel to post his baby donkey.

Aw bless. Too cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    Do you have to marinate that meat, or is it good right off the grill with a little salt and pepper? (I'm asking for a friend...)

Good either way. Cabrito is prime eating if properly prepared. In Mexico, generally, an entire young kid goat is cooked in a fire pit for many hours.

Traditional and workarounds: Cooking your own cabrito can be real simple—if you want to dig a hole in your backyard, as purists insist. All you need is a three-foot-deep pit with a mesquite or oak fire raging in it. Wrap a skinned cabrito in a gunnysack bound with wire and set the meat in the pit. Cover it with dirt to seal in the heat and let it cook all day. The cabrito will be smoke-seasoned and tender by nightfall. Apartment-dwellers might want to opt for the kitchen method of cooking cabrito: place half a cabrito in a roasting pan with salt, pepper, and two or three onions and baste with hot lard or shortening. Cook for an hour and 45 minutes in a 375-degree oven, turning every twenty minutes or so. Sure beats having to dig up the back yard.

Sauce: Heat oil over medium-low in a large saucepan. Add onions and garlic and sauté until tender but not brown. Whisk together ketchup and mustard in a large bowl and add to ingredients in saucepan. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer over low heat for 1 hour. Refrigerate unused sauce up to several weeks.

alternatives

No, you can't have mine but one of these is close.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.