Thread: California Supreme Court Grants Law License To Illegal Immigrant

1. #1 California Supreme Court Grants Law License To Illegal Immigrant 
    This is beyond illogical

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014...state-bar?lite

(NBC News) — An undocumented immigrant who has met the requirements to practice law in California must be given a legal license, the state’s Supreme Court ruled Thursday in a landmark case that could set a national precedent.

The California Supreme Court ruled that Sergio Garcia, who first came to the United States from Mexico unlawfully as a child, must receive his license — the first decision of its kind in the U.S. that could affect other undocumented immigrants who hope to follow in his footsteps. Two similar cases are pending in Florida and New York.

“I’m speechless, tired, relieved,” Garcia said moments after the ruling came down. “I’m glad it’s over.”

The court case dates back to May 2012, when the justices said they would hear the case. Garcia won initial backing from the State Bar of California, which determined that he had met the rules for admission and his lack of legal status in the United States should not automatically disqualify him. But the Justice Department initially filed briefs saying Garcia should not get a license – a stance it later backed away from. Garcia also got support from the California General Assembly, which passed a law last fall saying undocumented immigrants like him could get their law licenses. Gov. Jerry Brown signed it into law, but the matter was pending before the court, and the justices did not dismiss the case.

“The court has been extremely, extremely conservative,” Garcia said. “We fought hard. We had incredible victories last year [with the California General Assembly].”

Still, he said, Thursday’s ruling “could have gone either way.”

“I never in my life imagined it would take me longer to win my right to practice than it took to actually get my degree,” Garcia said. “I’m glad California is moving forward and I think we’re setting a good example for the rest of the country.”

Good God, what a moronic state California has become.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Somewhere I read that a paraphrase similar to "just because he's licensed doesn't mean he will be allowed to practice."
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Good God, what a moronic state California has become.
    They have become a product of their own doing. They've lost so much of their native population from Liberalism run amok they had no other choice but to allow illegals to practice law to fill the void.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

"California Supreme Court Grants Law License To Illegal Immigrant"

Is that the end of the sentence? They left off the "and is immediately deported" part.
    Be Not Afraid.

Rule-of-law is dead in this country, except for prosecuting street crime, and even the decisions as to who will actually be prosecuted is polluted based on identity politics. It's all extra-legislative politics now.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Rule-of-law is dead in this country, except for prosecuting street crime, and even the decisions as to who will actually be prosecuted is polluted based on identity politics. It's all extra-legislative politics now.
    I hate to believe this, but it seems that's exactly what is happening.