Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,055
    Not a single woman has responded to this thread. Interesting.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    5,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Not a single woman has responded to this thread. Interesting.
    I've noticed that.

    SR grab your wife and have her pip in.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I've noticed that.

    SR grab your wife and have her pip in.
    I don't know if it's because the blog post is so odd or because respectable women don't get in arguments about male privates.

    Personally, I remember Andrea Dworkin and second wave feminism. One very famous quote:"Feminism is the theory; lesbianism is the practice" seems to line up with the goals of this wave of feminism and the writer of the blog post. Of course, lesbian practices can also be exploitative and, if unwanted, can also be rape.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    562
    “behaviour involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something”. Bingo. It fits: Pregnancy = may hurt, damage or kill. Intercourse = a man using his physical force to penetrate a woman. Intention / purpose of the act of intercourse = to cause pregnancy
    Lol i love this logic, "intended" is "may" and physical force (such as used in actual violence) is *totally* the same as a man using force to enter a woman during sexthey both consented to, which makes me wonder what if the man is on bottom and doesnt use any physical force sincehe wouldnt need to

    These are we call political lesbians
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,616
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    ^^^^
    This.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Not a single woman has responded to this thread. Interesting.

    What is there to say? I have heard this theory presented before, having read various books by feminists over the years, but no one really takes it seriously.

    Feminism for me is about equality in society and in the workplace, not about how people choose to have sex. I'm more of a first wave feminist in my thinking, even if my age is more that of the second wave lunatics.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,055
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    What is there to say? I have heard this theory presented before, having read various books by feminists over the years, but no one really takes it seriously.

    Feminism for me is about equality in society and in the workplace, not about how people choose to have sex. I'm more of a first wave feminist in my thinking, even if my age is more that of the second wave lunatics.
    I don't know. I figured women might want to laugh at this crazy OP, but only the guys seemed interested in it. I'm more interested in the fact that women stayed off this thread than in the OP itself.

    Wibbins has the right term though: this is political lesbianism. Maybe, noonie, you can remember which famous feminist (was it McKinnon or Dworkin) who said that feminism was the theory, lesbianism was the practice?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I don't know. I figured women might want to laugh at this crazy OP, but only the guys seemed interested in it. I'm more interested in the fact that women stayed off this thread than in the OP itself.

    Wibbins has the right term though: this is political lesbianism. Maybe, noonie, you can remember which famous feminist (was it McKinnon or Dworkin) who said that feminism was the theory, lesbianism was the practice?
    I don't know, but it sounds like Dworkin or Mary Daly.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,055
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't know, but it sounds like Dworkin or Mary Daly.
    It was always an insane and extreme position. Are they still teaching it in Women's Studies?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •