Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Once again, Nova, I will remind you that I don't call you names.
    I don't give a damn what you do. You're some kind of nutcase who is obsessed with gay people.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I don't give a damn what you do. You're some kind of nutcase who is obsessed with gay people.
    Once again, I will remind you that I do not call you names on this board.

Just out of curiosity, when the ussc rules that all states have to license marriages including same sex couples, how long do you plan on childishly putting marriage in quotes?
    It's not childish when it applies to homosexuals are doing what is only for straight people.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Do you have ANY kind of logical or reasonable counter argument that justifies why an activist can be allowed to overturn the will of the people of Utah?

Or are you just going to continue to obfuscate and install because Elspeth is better versed on this than you?

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Do you have ANY kind of logical or reasonable counter argument that justifies why an activist can be allowed to overturn the will of the people of Utah?

Or are you just going to continue to obfuscate and install because Elspeth is better versed on this than you?

Let's examine this for the moment. Prop 8 passed in California making it the "law of the land". Gay activists fight it and the Supreme Court kills it. However, we're told that we should just accept Obamacare because it's "the law of the land". Isn't hypocrisy fun?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Let's examine this for the moment. Prop 8 passed in California making it the "law of the land". Gay activists fight it and the Supreme Court kills it. However, we're told that we should just accept Obamacare because it's "the law of the land". Isn't hypocrisy fun?
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Fabulous Poster

The will of the people of Utah is irrelevant when it is in conflict with the rights of the individual.

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Fabulous Poster
    It's not childish when it applies to homosexuals are doing what is only for straight people.

Sure it is.

Timeline
    2001 Netherlands (1 April)
    2002 (none)
    2003 Belgium (1 June), Ontario (10 June), British Columbia (8 July)
    2004 Quebec (19 March), Massachusetts (17 May), Yukon (14 July), Manitoba (16 September), Nova Scotia (24 September), Saskatchewan (5 November), Newfoundland (21 December)
    2005 New Brunswick (23 June), Spain (3 July), Canada [national] (20 July)
    2006 South Africa (30 November)
    2007 (none)
    2008 California (16 June, discontinued 5 November; reinstated 28 June 2013), Connecticut (12 November)
    2009 Norway (1 January), Iowa (27 April), Sweden (1 May), Coquille Indian Tribe (Oregon) (May), Vermont (1 September)
    2010 New Hampshire (1 January), District of Columbia (3 March), Mexican Federal District (4 March), Portugal (5 June), Iceland (27 June), Argentina (22 July)
    2011 New York (24 July), Suquamish tribe (Washington) (1 August)
    2012 Alagoas (6 January), Quintana Roo (May), Denmark (15 June), Sergipe (15 July), Espírito Santo (15 August), Caribbean Netherlands (10 October), Bahia (26 November), Brazilian Federal District (1 December), Washington (6 December), Piauí (15 December), Maine (29 December)
    2013 Maryland (1 January), São Paulo (16 February), Ceará & Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians (Michigan) (15 March), Paraná (26 March), Mato Grosso do Sul (2 April), Rondônia (26 April), Santa Catarina & Paraíba (29 April), Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians (Michigan) (8 May), Brazil [national] (16 May), France (18 May), Santa Ysabel Tribe (California) (24 June), California (28 June), Delaware (1 July), Minnesota & Rhode Island (1 August), Uruguay (5 August), New Zealand (19 August), Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation (Washington) (5 September), Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes (Oklahoma) (by October 10),[64][65] New Jersey (21 October), Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe (15 November), Hawaii (2 December), New Mexico (19 December), Utah (20 December)
    2014 England and Wales (29 March), Illinois (1 June)

The will of the people of Utah is irrelevant when it is in conflict with the rights of the individual.
    What rights have been violated? Marriage isn't a right.

What law is on the books that violates the Constitutional rights of a homosexual?

You can't say the right to marry because that isn't a right for anyone. You're trying to apply black letter law to a cultural event and it's apples and oranges.

If this was really about equality homosexuals would be happy with civil unions.

Fabulous Poster
    What rights have been violated? Marriage isn't a right.

What law is on the books that violates the Constitutional rights of a homosexual?

You can't say the right to marry because that isn't a right for anyone. You're trying to apply black letter law to a cultural event and it's apples and oranges.

If this was really about equality homosexuals would be happy with civil unions.

We've already had this discussion. The court will decide.