Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Because heterosexual marriage is such a universally respectable institution?

It is to those that respect it...and don't try to find ways to cheapen it...yes it is. Without it...you wouldn't have been here to spout your shit.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    It is to those that respect it...and don't try to find ways to cheapen it...yes it is. Without it...you wouldn't have been here to spout your shit.
    Is marriage a requirement for children?
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

No there is no direct violation.

Homosexuals have the same civil rights as anyone. Marriage is NOT a protected civil right. Neither is who you chooses to have sex with.
    So long as the government issues marriage licenses and JOPs can conduct ceremonies, in accordance with equal rights/civil rights/rights, the government cannot deny two consenting men or women to get married. That would be discrimination. Discrimination in the public sector is illegal. Isn't it?

I have no more of a "right" to marry than a homosexual does. It's not a right. Marriage is a civil institution that all societies in history have recognized and used as the best way to legitimize, protect and raise children as well as to solidify familial and political connections. That's all it is...period.
    Yup. Marriage was created solely for child rearing. Not grabbing land, ending wars, etc. And children can do just fine without their parents being married.

Do you realize how dishonest to compare gay "rights" to the civil rights struggle is? To equate someone's personal sexual choice to protected rights under the Constitution is moronic. Not to mention it cheapens the true struggle of those who are truly repressed to obtain equality in this country?
    It should not matter who the target is, any form of government discrimination is wrong.

Remind me again about the separate lunch counters or drinking fountains that gays have to sit at? Please point out to me where Gays are being hosed down with fire trucks...terrorized with attack dogs or beaten with night sticks. Are gays being told to ride on the back of the bus?

I never said they were. Stay on topic, tx.

No one is treating gays unequally. You're trying to apply black letter law where it doesn't apply.
    I was not aware people could be as fucking dense as you just displayed with that first sentence.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Power CUer
    People cried foul when Christians told them that no fault divirce would cheapen marriage and damage society. And after it was passed, divorce went rampent for people doing it so they could have sex with whkever. And as another thread points out, child suicide is far more common and divorce a major cause. Maybe you folks ought to listen to Christians about same sex marriage. We got it right, you got it wrong before and our children are paying the price for it.

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    People cried foul when Christians told them that no fault divirce would cheapen marriage and damage society. And after it was passed, divorce went rampent for people doing it so they could have sex with whkever. And as another thread points out, child suicide is far more common and divorce a major cause. Maybe you folks ought to listen to Christians about same sex marriage. We got it right, you got it wrong before and our children are paying the price for it.
    Got what right?

Power Point Ranger

No there is no direct violation.

Homosexuals have the same civil rights as anyone. Marriage is NOT a protected civil right. Neither is who you chooses to have sex with.

I have no more of a "right" to marry than a homosexual does. It's not a right. Marriage is a civil institution that all societies in history have recognized and used as the best way to legitimize, protect and raise children as well as to solidify familial and political connections. That's all it is...period.

Do you realize how dishonest to compare gay "rights" to the civil rights struggle is? To equate someone's personal sexual choice to protected rights under the Constitution is moronic. Not to mention it cheapens the true struggle of those who are truly repressed to obtain equality in this country?

Remind me again about the separate lunch counters or drinking fountains that gays have to sit at? Please point out to me where Gays are being hosed down with fire trucks...terrorized with attack dogs or beaten with night sticks. Are gays being told to ride on the back of the bus?

No one is treating gays unequally. You're trying to apply black letter law where it doesn't apply.
    Actually they don't have the same rights.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Well, it takes a man and a woman.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    Actually they don't have the same rights.

And you can be fired for being hetrrosexual. Do you have a point ?

Power CUer
    Got what right?
    No fault divorce was a terrible idea.

You really need an answer to that silly question?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.