Thread: OMG - Students and the Obama Pledge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    "Because of Obama, I aspire to be the next doctor"; the next, "Because of Obama, I aspire to be the next lawyer".

And yelling "Alpha-Omega" over and over and over (dangerous Bible references). Thatís really frightening. Bad as ROTC drills out on the front lawn. GMAFB!

At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    Obama will win.
    These hitler-youth .. uh .. I mean Obama youth .... are frightening.
    This is just a bunch of kids. For all of the "youth vote" being so nuts about Obama, remember, the "youth vote" HATED Bush.

A few weeks before the election wildly popular Rap Star and Singer Eminem put out a political video. The video was everywhere. In heavy rotation on MTV, VH1, even "All Black, All the Time" was playing the video non-stop. The song was downloaded millions of times from hundreds of websites. As close as the election was looking to be, Republicans were very worried that this would get out the youth vote in heavy numbers which would be a disaster for Bush.

The video was very well done. The message (which I did not agree with) was delivered powerfully. The graphics and theme were excellent. You cannot watch this video and not be moved in someway by it. The first time I saw it I was really impressed. Not by what it said, but by the whole package. It was truly something special. It failed to get the deliver the youth vote.

Young people do not go out of their way to vote. Voting gets in the way of doing stuff they would rather be doing.

The video is if you want to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOLMVQa0KD8

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    This is just a bunch of kids.
    So were the Hitler youth at first.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    So were the Hitler youth at first.
    They were unopposed for the most part and most Germans thought it was a good program. Here things are not the same as there.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Now you could be describing a lot of schools. :D
    But more money has been the standard Liberal answer to fixing publc education for many years. Naturally if more money hasn't worked, we need to send even more money.i
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    They were unopposed for the most part and most Germans thought it was a good program. Here things are not the same as there.
    YET. But it's headed that way.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The least this dip shit libtard teacher could have done was to teach these kids to march and act in unison. The lack of uniformity and control reflects a lack of discipline and esprit de corps, which directly reflects a leaders lack of confidence in his charges.

They don't march and drill well because the leader doesn't lead well. That's pretty much the story of the entire Obama campaign now that I think about it.

That's not my opinion, that's established fact, proven by generations of professional military personnel.
    That's jarhead jargon there. I love it.:D

Yeah, these pukes wouldn't have lasted one week at Parris Island marching like that. :p
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke