Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Pulling a Pitt 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Rodman says he was drunk.

By Jethro Mullen, CNN
    updated 1:53 AM EST, Thu January 9, 2014

(CNN) -- Former NBA star Dennis Rodman apologized Thursday for his much-criticized outburst about an American citizen imprisoned in North Korea, saying he was stressed out and had been drinking when he made the remarks on CNN.

The eccentric basketball veteran is in North Korea for a controversial visit that has been rife with bizarre moments, including Rodman's rendition of "Happy Birthday" to the country's leader Kim Jong Un at a packed sports stadium on Wednesday.

In an exclusive interview Tuesday with Chris Cuomo of CNN's "New Day," Rodman provoked outrage by appearing to suggest that Kenneth Bae, who has been held in North Korea since 2012, may have done something to deserve his sentence of 15 years of hard labor.

"I want to first apologize to Kenneth Bae's family," Rodman, 52, said Thursday in a statement released by his publicist Jules Feiler. "I want to apologize to my teammates and my management team. I also want to apologize to Chris Cuomo."

Moron.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Dennis has serious mental health issues underlying a fairly serious substance abuse problem for quite a while. I think he's mildly autistic, and is of an age where the schools would have just written him off as a behavior problem and never looked into any other possible cause.

He also never got over Chuck Daly's death. Chuck was the only coach who really could get a great performance out of Dennis during his NBA career-Phil Jackson tried, but never got the same results.

No excuse, but let's also not look at him as even being capable of understanding the stupidity of his actions. My guess is that the CIA/NSA/whatever agency has at least one spy in Rodman's travel posse when he goes to NK.

Power CUer
    ^ ^ ^ This makes sense; he's always seemed to me to have SOME kind of brain damage, and the substance abuse doesn't help anything. And Carmen Electra actually MARRIED him, which doesn't say much for her brainpower either.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    ^ ^ ^ This makes sense; he's always seemed to me to have SOME kind of brain damage, and the substance abuse doesn't help anything. And Carmen Electra actually MARRIED him, which doesn't say much for her brainpower either.
    I'm pretty sure she was never at any real risk of being mistaken for a rocket surgeon.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Power CUer
    I have to admit, I've never heard of doing surgery on rockets. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

The real question is..."Is Dennis Rodman still relevant?" He's as nutty as they come. Didn't he marry himself as a publicity stunt years ago?

Power CUer
    Yes - I remember pictures of him in a wedding dress; not a good look for him.

Power CUer
    Heck of a player but WAY too many drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtowner View Post
    Heck of a player but WAY too many drugs.
    He was great when he was a Piston, because he didn't have to shoot too many free throws. Chuck knew his main strength was in rebounding.

I used to be amazed, though, when Dennis would hit 3 pointers. He did it far more than one would expect from a guy who struggled with free throws and lay ups.