Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,438
    Speaking of Macy's I just seen on the news they are closing five stores and eliminating 2500 jobs.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,264
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Speaking of Macy's I just seen on the news they are closing five stores and eliminating 2500 jobs.
    Where are they closing stores?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Where are they closing stores?
    All I know is Nevada is safe and they have plans to expand in other cites after this is done.

    That is an excellent price on those pans. Looking at the individual prices I should order a set for myself.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,438
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,5431493.story


    Macy's shares climbed more than 7 percent in premarket trading Thursday after the company announced it plans to lay off about 2,500 employees and close some stores as part of a cost reduction plan.

    The retailer said it will combine its Midwest and North regions and reallocate within its regional divisions to streamline its operations.

    Five stores are expected to be closed in the spring. None are in Illinois. Stores in Arizona, Kansas, Missouri, New York and Utah will close in the spring. But eight new and replacement Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s stores are in the works
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I was looking at Macy's. Any thoughts on this:



    http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/c...7%26slotId%3D5
    I use the Calphalon non-stick; my regular pots and pans are the copper All-Clad. My father-in-law was an exec with the parent company, so the price was right (i.e., free). :)
    I also have a smaller set of stainless Cuisinart pans which work well for me.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I was looking at Macy's. Any thoughts on this:



    http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/c...7%26slotId%3D5
    I have the Simply Calphalon non-stick. I have ended up tossing them the same as the cheap ones but admit they go a lot longer than the cheaper ones.

    My favorite pot at the moment is Analon Nouveau Copper with "copper enhanced heat induction." I picked it up at Marshall's on clearance. It had been an expensive pot good for soups, chili, or browning veggies and meats and making one of my own little mix and match one pot dinners. I just with that I had gotten the fry pan, but didn't need one at the moment. It cooks much better than the Calphalon nonstick.

    Recently I got another small Dutch oven from West Elm. It's cool looking, a cream colored Greenpan that can go in the oven up to 400 degrees. It sounds silly, but it's so attractive that I haven't used it yet, worried that the cream color will turn brown. I'm going to start it this weekend and see how it goes.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,753
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,5431493.story


    Macy's shares climbed more than 7 percent in premarket trading Thursday after the company announced it plans to lay off about 2,500 employees and close some stores as part of a cost reduction plan.

    The retailer said it will combine its Midwest and North regions and reallocate within its regional divisions to streamline its operations.

    Five stores are expected to be closed in the spring. None are in Illinois. Stores in Arizona, Kansas, Missouri, New York and Utah will close in the spring. But eight new and replacement Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s stores are in the works
    I'm not surprised that Macy's might be closing stores in the Midwest, particularly Missouri. I remember when they took over the old Famous-Barr stores from May Company, which was headquartered in St Louis. May also owned Lord & Taylor's, which closed in St Louis. People in St Louis for a long time just never seemed to warm up to Macy's. Maybe it was the stories in the local newspaper of all the people laid off from May Co. I personally don't go too much to Macy's here. I've usually been able to beat their prices without having to use those pesky coupons.

    However, in Sarasota the only other competition is Dillards, which only has clothes and cosmetics, no housewares. So if I'm in Tampa, do my shopping there, also the Crate & Barrel and the newly opened West Elm there. For cookware often stop at the Sur La Table in Sarasota when they have a big sale.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Lighter wait, you don't want to knock them unconscious, too much work dragging them back to their van.
    A JW from Ireland came to my door one day. I actually listened to him, the only one I have ever listened to, because i enjoyed hearing the dialect. It seems that we're not going to heaven, because heaven is for angels. We're going to stay here but be a lot happier.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,464
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I have the Simply Calphalon non-stick. I have ended up tossing them the same as the cheap ones but admit they go a lot longer than the cheaper ones.
    Do you have a Bed, Bath & Beyond near you? We have gotten ours there; they have a "no matter what" guarantee, and when one of the pans did the "shedding" thing we took it back, many months after purchase. They replaced it without a peep and we've had no trouble with the replacement.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,753
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Do you have a Bed, Bath & Beyond near you? We have gotten ours there; they have a "no matter what" guarantee, and when one of the pans did the "shedding" thing we took it back, many months after purchase. They replaced it without a peep and we've had no trouble with the replacement.
    I wish that I had thought of it. I don't have the receipt, still have the pot, but I doubt if they'll take it back. Actually not sure if I got it there or at Macy's.

    My favorite bakeware is something that I bought many years ago. It still washes well and looks like new. It's Villeroy and Boch Naif pattern baking dishes--have the lasagna dish, several rectangular bakers and an interesting looking oval. They match the service of 12 plates and many accessories that I purchased years ago. Quality does matter.

    When I was in outside sales, I'd stop by the various Marshall's and TJ's in St Louis and pick up whichever pieces of that china that they had. I had to purchase many of the serving pieces individually and not at the bargain prices, but they were all worth it.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •