1. #1 Get ready for global warming hysterics, courtesy of Congressional Democrats 
    As usual, its Barbara Boxer, check overdrawer, that is setting this one up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...usaolp00000003

WASHINGTON –- A group of Senate Democrats is planning a new offensive on climate change, one that members hope will galvanize congressional colleagues.

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) said Thursday the group will be “going on the offensive” on climate change to “wake up Congress.” Boxer and Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) made the announcement in a meeting with reporters.

The Climate Action Task Force has 12 members — all Democrats — so far, Boxer said, and will hold an official unveiling Tuesday. The task force’s efforts will include public events, floor speeches and bringing more outside partners, like religious organizations and businesses that support slowing climate change, to the table. “Everybody gets it, except for Congress,” Boxer said.

Whitehouse said there has long been a “barricade of special-interest lies around Congress and around Washington” when it comes to climate change, and the group seeks to break it down. “Once that barricade is broken, all sorts of things become possible,” Whitehouse said.

While the focus is more on advocacy than on promoting specific legislation, Boxer said she believes members could help build momentum for bills on fuel economy, alternative fuels and energy efficiency. Boxer acknowledged that they “don’t have the votes” for many of the measures they would like to see passed in the Senate right now, “but we’re going to get them.”

Fabulous Poster
    I keep telling people, "You can already pay twice as much for gasoline. Simply fill up your tank and send a check for an equal amount to Evo Morales or Solar Panels Are Us. "

It's Colder? Hotter? Blame Climate Change
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/...te_change.html

When Fargo is 25 below zero, Baton Rouge 24 above, and nearly the entire nation is in the grip of a record-breaking frigid spell, one's thoughts naturally turn to global warming -- or, rather, make that climate change.

The former term -- "global warming" -- as it turned out, was too specific; to believe that global warming was a real threat required...well, that global warming actually occur. That did not happen, as the data have proven, and for once Al Gore was right: truth can be so inconvenient, because the fact that the globe failed to heat up as advertised not only swelled the ranks of doubters, but also tarnished the global warming brand. A new label was needed.

Some people claim that the phrase "climate change" better expresses the complexity of what is happening weather-wise.

But others among us believe that the purpose of replacing the old, discredited label was to keep the climate crisis pot boiling and bubbling, in order to maintain the flow of funds pouring into the coffers of environmental groups, politicians, academics, and businesses dependent on a zeitgeist of climate crisis.

And some of us believe that even more nefarious actors are at work, perpetuating the empowerment of that perfect storm of interests on the left that seek to overturn the traditional order and impose their visions of utopian conformity, via regulatory salvation from certain death by CO2. Any propagandist worth his salt will tell you: if the old narrative fails, create a new one....

I do have my windows open at midnight.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    How come Boxer hasn't got AlGore with her???/
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    How come Boxer hasn't got AlGore with her???/
    He's too busy spending the money that was generated by oil sales he got from selling Current TV.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    It's Colder? Hotter? Blame Climate Change
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/...te_change.html

When Fargo is 25 below zero, Baton Rouge 24 above, and nearly the entire nation is in the grip of a record-breaking frigid spell, one's thoughts naturally turn to global warming -- or, rather, make that climate change.

The former term -- "global warming" -- as it turned out, was too specific; to believe that global warming was a real threat required...well, that global warming actually occur. That did not happen, as the data have proven, and for once Al Gore was right: truth can be so inconvenient, because the fact that the globe failed to heat up as advertised not only swelled the ranks of doubters, but also tarnished the global warming brand. A new label was needed.

Some people claim that the phrase "climate change" better expresses the complexity of what is happening weather-wise.

But others among us believe that the purpose of replacing the old, discredited label was to keep the climate crisis pot boiling and bubbling, in order to maintain the flow of funds pouring into the coffers of environmental groups, politicians, academics, and businesses dependent on a zeitgeist of climate crisis.

And some of us believe that even more nefarious actors are at work, perpetuating the empowerment of that perfect storm of interests on the left that seek to overturn the traditional order and impose their visions of utopian conformity, via regulatory salvation from certain death by CO2. Any propagandist worth his salt will tell you: if the old narrative fails, create a new one....
    I am not sure I buy the logic that temperatures aren't really rising and the proof is it was cold somewhere during winter.

The more causes on which they want to squander their declining political capital, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I am not sure I buy the logic that temperatures aren't really rising and the proof is it was cold somewhere during winter.
    You really are dense as a block of cheese, the left can feed you anything and you will repeat it mindlessly.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Read this one page - - understand it probably is warming. But man has absolutely nuttin' to do with it. The final proof is in the illustration at the bottom of the page.

While you are looking at charts, try this one as well.

Article here
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.