Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Reuters Upset That Pope Thinks Abortion Is Horrific 
    You really have to wonder how people who come up with this stuff remember how to breathe(http://twitchy.com/2014/01/13/omfg-t...headline-ever/):

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Surprise....the Pope is Catholic.

In other news, bears were spotted sh****g in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Surprise....the Pope is Catholic.

In other news, bears were spotted sh****g in the woods.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

That bear has clearly not heard about the NSA.

"In nod to conservatives." It sounds like Reuters is suggesting that the Pope just wanted to shut some conservatives up. I think they're still trying to suggest that the Pope is completely on the side of liberals.

I love Pope Francis. He's not afraid to speak up on everything of importance.

On edit: I just read one of his quotes in context under Father Rocky's page on FB. It's not conservative. It's not liberal. It's just Christian.

"We cannot be indifferent to those suffering from hunger, especially children, when we think of how much food is wasted every day in many parts of the world immersed in what I have often termed “the throwaway culture”. Unfortunately, what is thrown away is not only food and dispensable objects, but often human beings themselves, who are discarded as “unnecessary”. For example, it is frightful even to think there are children, victims of abortion, who will never see the light of day; children being used as soldiers, abused and killed in armed conflicts; and children being bought and sold in that terrible form of modern slavery which is human trafficking, which is a crime against humanity."
    Last edited by Lanie; 01-14-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    "In nod to conservatives." It sounds like Reuters is suggesting that the Pope just wanted to shut some conservatives up. I think they're still trying to suggest that the Pope is completely on the side of liberals.

I love Pope Francis. He's not afraid to speak up on everything of importance.

On edit: I just read one of his quotes in context under Father Rocky's page on FB. It's not conservative. It's not liberal. It's just Christian.
    His core beliefs are no different than his two predecessors. The only reason you like this Pope I'm guessing is because he put the words "capitalism" and "bad" in the same sentence.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    His core beliefs are no different than his two predecessors. The only reason you like this Pope I'm guessing is because he put the words "capitalism" and "bad" in the same sentence.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    I like him because he's the Pope. I can actually pull up where Benedict had some similar ideas upon request.

on edit: I do admit that I do like his Jesuit colors shining through. With him and John Paul, there is less of a sense of the Republican God. Those are often the strong feelings I get around some Christians, like they think their God is Republican (like he's even registered with the Board of Elections). This just seems to be more inclusive in my mind.

BTW, the Republicans in my state know they need taxes to spend on services. Their solution was literally to take out a lot of the credits for the working poor and the middle class. Sigh. So, the question isn't whether to raise taxes or to take away tax credits. The question is who to do it to. They don't realize they're pissing off a lot of conservatives with that. It's not just liberals. Okay, rant off.
    Last edited by Lanie; 01-14-2014 at 02:19 PM.

With him and John Paul, there is less of a sense of the Republican God.
    WTF are you talking about? You know this is the kind of crap that brings down ridicule down on you.

John Paul II was a staunch ant-Communist who worked closely with Reagan and Thatcher during the Cold War.

Republican God? This right there shows that you know NOTHING about religion except what some liberal website tells you.

Those are often the strong feelings I get around some Christians, like they think their God is Republican (like he's even registered with the Board of Elections).
    Yeah sure you do.

It's not Conservatives or Republicans who have claimed Jesus was a Liberal.

IIRC you've made that claim here. And you're about as Conservative/Republican as Nova is.

This just seems to be more inclusive in my mind.
    Your mind is a frightening place.

Republican God.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    It's not Conservatives or Republicans who have claimed Jesus was a Liberal.

Your mind is a frightening place.

Republican God.
    You have no idea what type of place my mind is. It's scary and you need lights. lol.

I don't go for the idea of the Christian left either. I still like John Paul regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    You have no idea what type of place my mind is. It's scary and you need lights. lol.
    We all have a pretty good idea after your years of posting here. And we were all just reminded with your moronic "Republican God" comment.

I don't go for the idea of the Christian left either. I still like John Paul regardless.
    I admire him too and I'm not even Catholic. He was a great man who overcame the odds and did great things for the world.

His Sainthood is richly deserved.