Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63
  1. #11  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    It's not conservative. It's not liberal. It's just Christian.
    Catholics are Christians?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Catholics are Christians?
    I met a kid who tried to say he wasn't Christian, but Catholic. The youth director tried to stir him in the right direction. Didn't work. lol.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,611
    I'm a conservative god. I'm just not THE Republican God that I worship.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I'm a conservative god. I'm just not THE Republican God that I worship.
    Democrat/Socialist god is going to be pissed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    We all have a pretty good idea after your years of posting here. And we were all just reminded with your moronic "Republican God" comment.



    I admire him too and I'm not even Catholic. He was a great man who overcame the odds and did great things for the world.

    His Sainthood is richly deserved.
    I want to tell you that I'm sorry that I accused you of what I did a couple of months ago. You may not like or respect me, but I respect you. I respect you for your willingness to serve and your willingness to say what you think to somebody's face (as opposed to behind their back). Despite all the crap I say about you, I generally have a good instinct about you. My instincts are seldom proven wrong. My arguments in politics may be proven wrong, but my instincts usually aren't. I would have PMed that, but you would have revealed it anyway. Sorry to others for hijacking. Back to the Pope.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,991
    I like Francis, I liked JPII. I don't expect them to be liberal, even though I am.


    I like both men for similar reasons-mostly that they are humble popes who take their priestly vows seriously. I liked JP II for his history both fighting communism and the Nazis. I like Francis because he appears to be making it clear that he is in line with the church's doctrine and all, but that he considers compassion for hurting people to be more important that doctrinal wars over social issues. I'm not ever going to be a Catholic, because I disagree with so much of their doctrine and because I'm a feminist. This is America, no one over 18 has to be a Catholic if they don't agree with the teachings.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,142
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Catholics are Christians?
    The only true Christians as they can be traced back to Christ.

    It's not like they follow some made up religion by a guy that tacked some papers to a door or another guy that stuck his head in a hat.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I want to tell you that I'm sorry that I accused you of what I did a couple of months ago. You may not like or respect me, but I respect you. I respect you for your willingness to serve and your willingness to say what you think to somebody's face (as opposed to behind their back). Despite all the crap I say about you, I generally have a good instinct about you. My instincts are seldom proven wrong. My arguments in politics may be proven wrong, but my instincts usually aren't. I would have PMed that, but you would have revealed it anyway. Sorry to others for hijacking. Back to the Pope.
    Thank you.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    35,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    That bear has clearly not heard about the NSA.
    hmmmm... perhaps he has and is making a statement ?
    If you like your congress crittets you can keep them. If you don't, you know what to do.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    The only true Christians as they can be traced back to Christ.

    It's not like they follow some made up religion by a guy that tacked some papers to a door or another guy that stuck his head in a hat.
    Ha!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •