Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Not as such.
    Jail?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Jail?
    Not today, no.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    NYC is a cool place to visit. In the daytime. Before the animals come out to hunt.

I worked in the City for some time near Wall Street. It looked good on the old resume.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Not as such.
    Thought as much - progressive central.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

As a former New Yorker, I too was brainwashed with the falsehood that NY was better than anywhere else in the world. It's a complete fallacy and you won't know how wrong you are unless you leave the state and find out that other places in the country have a better quality of life and lower cost of living.

I live in Palm Beach, we have everything you can possibly get in NY, from great Italian eateries, to NY style bagels and all the luxury and high end stores that can be found on 5th avenue. Even though I took a payout when I moved here, I brought home more money as we don't have state and city income tax, union dues or ridiculous parking fees. Let's not forget high property taxes, high utility bills...etc. We have nice beaches and warm weather...Seriously, I kick myself in the ass frequently for not making the move sooner.

As more New Yorkers leave the state, they will realize, NY is not all it's cracked out to be. You'll make more money there, but it comes at a high price....and if you look at it simply, the only reason for anyone to stay there, is to pay them.

Oh, and Cuomo is a dipshit. He basically told most Catholics to gtfo of NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Oh, and Cuomo is a dipshit.
    A considerable dipshit. What struck me about his comments were that he called pro-life Republicans extremists.

Sorry for looking out for the unborn there you dope. Go apologize for some muzzie headchopper somewhere.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    They will miss his tax money, ask the people who run that cess pool you call detroit if they miss all those rich and well to do people
    Detroit suffers not because the rich left, but because the middle class left. The wealthy have lived in the burbs for a long time-Grosse Pointe is an old community, full of people named Fisher, Dodge, and Ford. Henry Ford lived in Dearborn.

When Detroit was at it's peak in the 50s, it was a blue collar town with an upwardly mobile working class. It wasn't that the tax rates were high, it was more that there were so many more people who were paying into it then.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Detroit suffers not because the rich left, but because the middle class left. The wealthy have lived in the burbs for a long time-Grosse Pointe is an old community, full of people named Fisher, Dodge, and Ford. Henry Ford lived in Dearborn.

When Detroit was at it's peak in the 50s, it was a blue collar town with an upwardly mobile working class. It wasn't that the tax rates were high, it was more that there were so many more people who were paying into it then.
    I think all those rich people pulling their businesses out might have had an effect.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I think all those rich people pulling their businesses out might have had an effect.
    The businesses pulled out because their customers moved out, or because the auto industry served or supplied by the local businesses began to decline around the same time as the white flight kicked in full gear.

The business move that continues to this day to receive the most resentment from Detroiters (and lots of us in the burbs) has nothing to do with cars-when Berry Gordy moved Motown Records to LA in the 70s, he tore the heart out of the city.