Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I only buy tuna when I know some dolphins were killed in the catch.
    I'm not surprised.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I only buy tuna when I know some dolphins were killed in the catch.
    I love a good 50/50 blend.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I'm not surprised.
    WTH??? That smiley face means it was a goof. But you know what, slaughter them all like cows, I really don't give a crap.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Do the Japanese support legal abortion or are Americans an excuse for any transgression worldwide?
    From Wikipedia:

Maternal Health Protection Law[edit]

In 1997, the Maternal Health Protection Law was greatly revised and many restrictions from previous Eugenic Protection Law were removed.

In 2006, Article 14 of the Maternal Health Protection Law was revised. Under the revised law, approved doctors can virtually practice abortion to anyone, if consent was given by the mother.[14] If a mother is married to a spouse, consent is also required from the spouse, but there are exemptions, such as, if spouse is missing or unable to give consent.[14] Despite the fact this law requires a valid reasons to carry out abortion, virtually any mother is applicable for socioeconomic abortion, as it can be carried out unconditionally. Other valid reasons for abortion include rape and health problem. Doctors must send anonymous reports to the prefectural government after conducting abortion for health or socioeconomic reasons.

So, apparently abortion on demand is the norm in Japan. Of course, given their demographic death spiral, they may want to rethink that.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Why? People aren't a drain on resources, they are a resource. People create, build, think and produce. The more of them that you have working and supporting themselves, the better off you are.
    While 250 M is a very ridiculous number and only worthy of someone like nancy, you can look at the 47% in the US and say they are not a drain on resources?
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    It is pretty disgusting what the Japs are doing to those very intelligent animals.
    C'mon. They're fucking dolphins. Imbue them with as much "intelligence" as you want but the fact is that all they really are is trainable. Much like a dog - which means they're smarter than cats.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    C'mon. They're fucking dolphins. Imbue them with as much "intelligence" as you want but the fact is that all they really are is trainable. Much like a dog - which means they're smarter than cats.
    If my wife pulls you through your screen and beats you...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    If my wife pulls you through your screen and beats you...
    Would that be like my ewes want to do to you when you talk about tasty lambs?????
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Would that be like my ewes want to do to you when you talk about tasty lambs?????
    Something like that.

It's just that Moonshine, the only pantropical spotted dolphin in North America at any facility, is one of my favorite critters in the world, other than our greyhounds and elephants. He's unreleasable as has liver problems that require monitoring. Plus Mote keeps track of all the dolphins in this area, has done so for over 40 years.

The senseless slaughter by the Japanese and others is unacceptable. Even more unacceptable is the slaughter of human babies. Of course humans take precedence, but that doesn't justify the slaughter of the animals.

(And I'm not some radical who doesn't eat meat, etc--definitely not a vegan). But senseless slaughter is slaughter. Maybe I've been hanging around the libtards too much, but believe me I'm fiercely conservative in all other aspects. Just because one is a conservative doesn't mean that a conservative can't advocate for the protection of animals. If that's the case, I don't want to be a conservative.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

By the way, I've eaten dolphin before. It's decent food. Not super great but pretty tasty though. (I was on Grand Cayman and had what I refer to as the endangered species triple combo plate - turtle (farm-raised so legal), dolphin and conch.)