1. #1 Blogger Doesn't Think Being A Stay At Home Mom Is Anything Special 
    Stupid is as stupid does I guess: http://thoughtcatalog.com/amy-glass/...-im-not-sorry/
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

She's an idiot. Making a negative comparison between an enduring choice like bearing and raising children to something as vain, ephemeral, and useless to anyone else as backpacking across Asia is an indictment of the pathetic fool's ability to reason at all.

Fabulous Poster
    I wonder if her mother worked outside the home when the author was a little girl. Whatever it may have cost us in terms of acquisitions, I can't imagine having spent my childhood with unrelated baby sitters. I was never out of the care of a family member. My mom was my primary care giver, my dad took over in the evenings and on weekends. My grandparents, aunts, and assorted other relatives filled in the gaps. There is a lot of security to such a childhood. My older sister put her career on hold to move to Florida so that her daughter could grow up the same way we did- in the care of relatives, running around barefoot, in and out of pools and natural water.

I understand that not everyone can do things like my parents did; but, I don't' think people give them much credit for making choices and sacrifices based in priorities driven by the needs of their children.

I knew a captain in the reserves who was also a stay-at-home mom, who would tell certain people who asked what she did for a living that she was an independent contractor specializing in early childhood development. Those people took her much more seriously with that euphemistic job description than they did when she said that she was simply a mom, but then, those people were far more concerned with labels than serious accomplishments.

Stupidest line in the column (and that's saying something):

"You will never have the time, energy, freedom or mobility to be exceptional if you have a husband and kids."

First, my wife is exceptional, and I defy anyone to say otherwise to her face. Second, the author appears to need to come to terms with the fact that she is not exceptional, nor even above average, in any way.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Sounds like she's about to pass from "doesn't have kids" to "can't have kids" and is trying to convince herself she isn't missing out. My sister shocked us all by announcing that she was getting pregnant at 40 before it was too late. we sure are glad she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I wonder if her mother worked outside the home when the author was a little girl. Whatever it may have cost us in terms of acquisitions, I can't imagine having spent my childhood with unrelated baby sitters. I was never out of the care of a family member. My mom was my primary care giver, my dad took over in the evenings and on weekends. My grandparents, aunts, and assorted other relatives filled in the gaps. There is a lot of security to such a childhood. My older sister put her career on hold to move to Florida so that her daughter could grow up the same way we did- in the care of relatives, running around barefoot, in and out of pools and natural water.

I understand that not everyone can do things like my parents did; but, I don't' think people give them much credit for making choices and sacrifices based in priorities driven by the needs of their children.
    Well looking at the way you turned out maybe a babysitter wouldn't have been a bad idea
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Maybe her mother gave her away to a family of homeless lepers so that she ( her mother) could go out, raise millions and adopt baby whales and orphaned trees from south America.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

8. #8 Blogger Doesn't Think Being A Stay At Home Mom Is Anything Special 
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    But having your very own lefty barking moonbat blog is somehow more special than motherhood...oooookkaaaay.
    "Asakatsu Magatsu"

True victory is victory over oneself.

~ Morihei Ueshiba O-Sensei ~

I'd give anything to observe the conversation between Amy Glass and my daughter. After graduating from high school my baby daughter went to college as a business major. Following her third year she enrolled in a study abroad international business program based out of Nicosia, Cyprus. During the course she traveled to 17 different countries and 55 cities. When she returned she announced that she was going to join the Army. After a short discussion on the value of finishing her degree first she graduated and entered the Army and became an interrogator with military intelligence. While deployed in the sandbox she met my son in law (SIL) who was a UAV operator and they married once they were both discharged. SIL (who got out 6 months before daughter) went to work in the UAV industry as a flight instructor and daughter became pregnant almost immediately after she got out. SIL's work took them traveling around the country and around the world working with the militaries of foreign governments and daughter became pregnant again within 18 months. Now with two kids, SIL transferred to R&D on the east coast to cut down on travel. Meanwhile, baby daughter, who's goal of working for the NSA or the FBI made a conscience decision to be a stay at home mom as well as a home schooling mom as she found this to be a far more fulfilling sense of accomplishment (especially in light of Common Core). Daughter still intends to use her GI bill to continue her education after SIL (who was accepted by Johns Hopkins) finishes his Masters. Daughter considers her next level of education an insurance policy for her families future should something unknown happen. Until then her goal now is to educate and raise two patriotic, productive, Christian, conservative citizens. Unfortunately SIL's work still entails some travel (2 to 4 weeks at a time) and daughter is left to keep the home fires burning in a new home in rural Maryland where she has no support system. Needless to say she's as tough as nails and can handle adversity that would CRUSH Amy Glass.

And yeah, I'm pretty proud of my baby daughter.
    Under Capitalism, Man Exploits Man

Under Communism, It's the Other Way Around

Congrats Sherwood - you raised a gud'n!
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.