Thread: I guess I don't get it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 I guess I don't get it 
    Until I joined this site I never visited the Democratic Underground, but out of curiosity with the fascination some seem to have with the site I went there and spent a short time reading threads today. Given that I believe we all have limited precious time on earth, I guess I just don't understand why anyone would spend a single minute perusing that den of mindless, coercive collectivists and life's losers. The parroted parallels between the DU, the CPUSA and Peoplesworld couldn't be more apparent and is already available at those site. As a time saver one could just as easily read the communist manifesto (once) to get the same subversive, misguided views. I realize that absurdity can at times be amusing but to willingly expose yourself to a constant assault on your intellect seems to me like self abuse. Fortunately I felt the pressure building on my temples in short order and left before my head exploded.

Just my two centavos
    Under Capitalism, Man Exploits Man

Under Communism, It's the Other Way Around

Ha!

I like the sig line. Reminds me of one of my favorites: The only difference between democracy and dictatorship is that in a democracy, you get to pick your oppressor.

It is best to shave your head first and then wrap it with duct tape

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I and others here find DU amusing and it's always a good
    idea to keep an eye on this country's enemies...
    May the FORCE be with you!

5. #5 Indeed it is! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It is best to shave your head fone'st and then wrap it with duct tape

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    Snorting Ajax just before going over there helps to steel one's mouse, too!

Seriously, I like seeing what the little traitorous shits have planned for the rest of us.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood 4ust View Post
    Until I joined this site I never visited the Democratic Underground, but out of curiosity with the fascination some seem to have with the site I went there and spent a short time reading threads today. Given that I believe we all have limited precious time on earth, I guess I just don't understand why anyone would spend a single minute perusing that den of mindless, coercive collectivists and life's losers. The parroted parallels between the DU, the CPUSA and Peoplesworld couldn't be more apparent and is already available at those site. As a time saver one could just as easily read the communist manifesto (once) to get the same subversive, misguided views. I realize that absurdity can at times be amusing but to willingly expose yourself to a constant assault on your intellect seems to me like self abuse. Fortunately I felt the pressure building on my temples in short order and left before my head exploded.

Just my two centavos
    It's great entertainment. Granted, it was a lot funnier back in '04-'05, but there's still some pretty amusing stuff.

To this very day I laugh out loud thinking about cops jumping out of bushes or "proof" that 9/11 was an inside job using cinder blocks and chicken wire. Or my personal favorite: some deranged DUmmy getting so upset about Bush getting re-elected that he literally threw the Thanksgiving tofurkey through the plate glass window of his parents' home.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

It's not for everyone, I for one find sincere but incredibly stupid and pompous people amusing, so I enjoy it. Same for the Three Stooges, which my wife doesn't care for at all. I do not find cross-dressing comedies anything but annoying and tedious, but an awful lot of people thought Tootsie and Mrs. Doubtfire were the pinnacle of hilarity. Individual tastes vary, if you don't care for mockery of and laughing at the DUmmorrhoids, you should probably just ignore that particular forum.

And now, suddenly, I can't help but has a sad because I'm suddenly reminded of Hookem's and the side-splitting laughter that she gave us every day.

RIP, Lauren. You're sorely missed. I frankly can't even imagine how funny you would be today in mocking Obama.

/sad
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I and others here find DU amusing and it's always a good
    idea to keep an eye on this country's enemies...

It's unfortunate that more of our country's enemies are not as inept as the people at DU.

Well the truth is I was actually hoping that my visit to DU might just have a positive outcome and satisfy my never ending quest for the elusive explanation of exactly how "income redistribution" works, but as stated prior, the site is nothing more than mindless Democratic regurgitation of Forward, we are the ones we've been waiting for, hopey changey, Oh woe is me, irrational generalities. Again, it's like ever so many movies these days. Once you've read the teaser, you know the entire story and how it ends. Other than burning daylight it serves no purpose and neither enriches or enlightens.

BTW Rockntractor, I appreciate the tip but I've found that duct tape makes my hearing aids feed back :-/
    Under Capitalism, Man Exploits Man

Under Communism, It's the Other Way Around