1. #1 Hating is bad for your health 
    link

Well, shock of all shocks.

Star Member Cyrano (8,229 posts)

Hating is bad for your health
    I'd been feeling really lousy for a long time, in spite of the fact that I eat healthy foods and exercise daily. My doctor couldn't find anything wrong with me in blood tests and a general physical exam.

I mentioned this to a close friend, who never gives unsolicited advice, and asked him what he thought could be causing it. His answer was immediate. "Hatred," he said. My response was, "Ummm, Hunh?"

He told me that I spend entirely too many evenings watching hours of MSNBC, and entirely too much time on liberal websites. "Most of your conversations," he said, "are about how much you hate Republicans, how infuriating they are, how insane they are, and how we have to find some way to get them out of power forever."

He was absolutely right. My hatred for Republicans was, all too often, my main topic of conversation. And it was eating me up.

I cut way back on my MSNBC viewing, sticking mainly with Rachel, and I changed my online reading habits. That was a month ago. And I'm feeling better with every passing day. For the first time in a couple of years I feel really healthy and energetic.

We Dems have every reason in the world to hate Republicans. And I'm not saying we should start liking them or ignoring them. What I am saying is that we cannot become so obsessed that we end up damaging ourselves.

As many a wise person has said, "Everything in moderation."
    How often have we said that they (many DUers) have to be miserable, or commented on how miserable they are and linked it to their hatred of anything or anyone conservative?

No doubt that there are conservatives who hate liberals, however, most conversation I hear in the community and read on the internet are about not agreeing with the policies that liberals are pushing on us. Some liberals attribute this disagreeing with liberal policies as "hatred", yet when they talk about conservatives they are talking about visceral, vengeful hatred of them.
    Star Member marions ghost (16,074 posts)
    6. Get active

-act on the hate instead of just avoiding MSNBC, which is a passive activity. If you actually post on liberal websites, that's less passive than watching TV, but it's still not as active as if you were doing something really constructive with your hate.

We who care --need to create the positive, not simply avoid the negative. That has its own form of dissonance.
    LOL. "Hatred is OK......especially if you ACT on the hatred."

If that were true, most liberals would be dead...and we all know they are alive and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    If that were true, most liberals would be dead...and we all know they are alive and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    They only want to get sick enough to get on disability.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Hey DUmmies, go hate cancer. Do something constructive for a change
    or you'll all end up like undergroundpanther...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    They only want to get sick enough to get on disability.
    Disability, the "not so secret anymore" new welfare government system.