Thread: Fried Rice

1. #1 Fried Rice 
    Fried Rice

Tried it for the first time tonight. Turned out delicious. Will definitely make it again.

I didn't really follow a recipe, but I researched it and came up with my own technique. I made 2 cups of white rice this morning & put it in a container in the fridge throughout the day. When I was ready to start dinner, I sauteed 1/3 cup of fresh minced onion & 1 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Then I added 2 whisked eggs & scrambled them. When the eggs were just barely scrambled added the rice. after mixing the rice with the eggs a little I added 1/3 cup of finely chopped carrots & 1/4 cup of diced broccoli. After stirring it all together I added about 2-3 table spoons of soy sauce. Stirring constantly throughout.

This pic doesn't really do it justice, it was sooo good:

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

I also made some terriyaki chicken breast & steamed california blend vegetables to go with the Fried Rice. Cooked them in the crock pot all day. Nothing fancy just put chicken breast, terriyaki sauce, & frozen vegetables all in the crock pot on low for 6 hours.
    ― C.S. Lewis

That looks really good right now.

It looks great, better than what you get at an Oriental restaurant. I'm going to try it, but use low sodium soy sauce, per doc's instructions (not on soy sauce but sodium in general).

Since I'm a lazy cook might try to make it a one pot meal by adding some meat to the fried rice.

Love your recipes.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I might suggest using a Chinese Jasmine rice...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    It looks great, better than what you get at an Oriental restaurant. I'm going to try it, but use low sodium soy sauce, per doc's instructions (not on soy sauce but sodium in general).

Since I'm a lazy cook might try to make it a one pot meal by adding some meat to the fried rice.

Love your recipes.
    Adding beef, chicken or shrimp (or even all three) would make it a great one dish meal.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

Love your recipes.
    Actually I did use low sodium, just forgot to mention it. And most of the recipes I looked up did call for adding meat but I'd already started my chicken in the crock pot. Let us know how yours turns out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    ― C.S. Lewis