1. #1 Teens in SUV detail shooting of Davis in Michael Dunn trial 
    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/wit...r/-/index.html

Teens in SUV detail shooting of Davis in Michael Dunn trial

Florida man on trial after shooting teen over loud music

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
    The three teens in the SUV when Jordan Davis was shot and killed in November 2012 took the stand Friday to answer questions about the exchange between their 17-year-old friend and Michael Dunn, and what happened after Dunn started shooting.

[WATCH LIVE: Court livestream | PICS: Inside courtroom ]

WJXT reports Tevin Thompson said he was sitting in the front passenger seat of the Dodge Durango when Dunn's sedan pulled into the parking space next to theirs. A woman got out of his car and went into the convenience store.

Thompson said the teens were playing loud rap music while waiting for the driver to make a purchase inside the store. Dunn seemed upset and said, "Turn the music down. I can't hear myself think."

"It was pretty loud," Thompson admitted. "Jordan's window was a little down. My window was up."

Thompson said he turned it down when Dunn asked, and Davis told him, "F*** that; turn the music back up," so he did. He said Davis and Dunn argued back and forth, but he said he didn't hear or see Davis threaten Dunn or try to get out of the SUV.

Thompson said he reached over to the driver's side door to roll Davis' window up because Davis was angry at Dunn. Thompson later described when he saw Dunn pull out his gun.

"Did you see or hear anything the defendant said just before you saw the gun in his hand?" prosecutor John Guy asked.

Embed livestream/chat sidebar (not visible on mobile devices)"Yes, sir," Thompson said.

"What was that?" Guy asked.

"'Are you talking to me?'" Thompson said.

He said Dunn was talking to Davis when he said that. He said Dunn then fired several shots.

"Where was the defendant aiming the gun?" Guy asked.

"Jordan's door," Thompson said.

The defense followed up by asking Thompson more details about the conversation, what he was actually able to hear Davis and Dunn say, what he was able to see while front passenger seat.

Thompson said he couldn't hear everything Davis said to Dunn, but said he never heard Davis threaten him.

Thompson said Tommie Stornes, the drive of the SUV, put the vehicle in reverse and drove to the parking lot of a connecting shopping plaza about 100 yards away, and he said Dunn and his girlfriend drove off, heading northbound on Southside Boulevard.

Thompson said the teens returned to the gas station to get help for Davis because there were people there. He said he then called 911 about the same time Stornes asked a woman to call the emergency number.

Dunn Day 2- Leland Brunson After the lunch break a second teen was called to the stand. Leland Brunson may have been the closest person to Jordan Davis when he lived and when he died.

Brunson told the jury Davis and Dunn began arguing and Dunn asked Davis: "Are you talking to me?"

Brunson said he saw Dunn reach into his glove compartment and retrieve a gun and cock it. He said Dunn fired several times, shooting Davis, whose body fell into his lap.

Defense attorney Cory Strolla asked Brunson how he could hear what was said over the loud music.

"Isn't it true Mr. Davis was the one who was yelling and cursing at him?" Stolla asked.

"Yes," Brunson said.

"And isn't it true that the music was so loud that you couldn't hear everything that was being said?" Strolla

Well, I detest angry-ass rap music and have no use for it's sullen little adherents. And once many years ago when I was roughnecking I shot the tail lights of a car out with birdshot. It was stopped in front of our house at 2:30 AM playing some incredibly loud music (not one of my smarter moves, even though I wasn't caught). But all that being said I think this guy really fucked up if he shot someone for loud music at a public place in a commercially zoned area.
    Last edited by Jim54; 02-08-2014 at 08:43 PM. Reason: grammar
    "Asakatsu Magatsu"

True victory is victory over oneself.

~ Morihei Ueshiba O-Sensei ~

ESA's LEAF 154 Decibel Speaker Is So Loud It Can Kill You

Huffington Post UK | Posted: 03/02/2014 10:26 GMT | Updated: 03/02/2014 10:59 G

How far would you go for the ultimate sound system? Surround sound? A sub-woofer the size of a family car?
    How about this...
    This horn is the loudest sound system in Europe and it could actually kill you.

Engineer Kees van Zijtveldt and the massive hornIt's been built by the European Space Agency (ESA) to make sure satellites can withstand the effects of the massive noise associated with blasting through the atmosphere.
    To do this requires a massive 154 Decibels (Dbs) of sound - the equivalent of standing next to a bunch of fighter jets taking off.
    It only takes 85 Dbs to cause hearing loss in humans.
    The huge horn is housed in a sound-proof room at the ESA's Large European Acoustic Facility (LEAF) Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
    It's 16.4 metres tall, 11 wide and nine metres deep and uses nitrogen gas to sound it - only no human will ever actually hear it at full volume.
    As a safety feature, LEAF can operate only once all the doors are closed. Steel-reinforced concrete walls safely contain its noise, coated with epoxy resin to reflect noise to produce a uniform sound field within the chamber.
    The chamber itself is supported on rubber bearing pads to isolate it from its surroundings.
    There are louder speaker such as the ridiculously impressive 60-inch subwoofer built by Richard Clark and David Navone along with Mark Eldridge.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...n_4715741.html

I want one of these in the back of my truck, then when they pull up next to you with their rap blaring you can blow them straight to hell!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

3. #3 Just think if that went off with the tech in front of it! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    ESA's LEAF 154 Decibel Speaker Is So Loud It Can Kill You

Huffington Post UK | Posted: 03/02/2014 10:26 GMT | Updated: 03/02/2014 10:59 G

How far would you go for the ultimate sound system? Surround sound? A sub-woofer the size of a family car?
    How about this...
    This horn is the loudest sound system in Europe and it could actually kill you.

Engineer Kees van Zijtveldt and the massive hornIt's been built by the European Space Agency (ESA) to make sure satellites can withstand the effects of the massive noise associated with blasting through the atmosphere.
    To do this requires a massive 154 Decibels (Dbs) of sound - the equivalent of standing next to a bunch of fighter jets taking off.
    It only takes 85 Dbs to cause hearing loss in humans.
    The huge horn is housed in a sound-proof room at the ESA's Large European Acoustic Facility (LEAF) Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
    It's 16.4 metres tall, 11 wide and nine metres deep and uses nitrogen gas to sound it - only no human will ever actually hear it at full volume.
    As a safety feature, LEAF can operate only once all the doors are closed. Steel-reinforced concrete walls safely contain its noise, coated with epoxy resin to reflect noise to produce a uniform sound field within the chamber.
    The chamber itself is supported on rubber bearing pads to isolate it from its surroundings.
    There are louder speaker such as the ridiculously impressive 60-inch subwoofer built by Richard Clark and David Navone along with Mark Eldridge.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...n_4715741.html

I want one of these in the back of my truck, then when they pull up next to you with their rap blaring you can blow them straight to hell!
    He'd have holes in his ear canals so big you could see right through his head.
    "Asakatsu Magatsu"

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim54 View Post
    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/wit...r/-/index.html

Well, I detest angry-ass rap music and have no use for it's sullen little adherents. And once many years ago when I was roughnecking I shot the tail lights of a car out with birdshot. It was stopped in front of our house at 2:30 AM playing some incredibly loud music (not one of my smarter moves, even though I wasn't caught). But all that being said I think this guy really fucked up if he shot someone for loud music at a public place in a commercially zoned area.
    Because he didn't shoot them all?

5. #5 Not quite... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Because he didn't shoot them all?
    He fucked up because the idiots that thought their music was good enough to share with the world were an irritation but not a deadly threat (if they threatened him with a weapon he could have fired in self defence). Savvy? But I'm sure you were just being facetious.

PS- If I ever had to cap you Nova there would be no anger in my heart. Feel better?
    "Asakatsu Magatsu"

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim54 View Post
    He fucked up because the idiots that thought their music was good enough to share with the world were an irritation but not a deadly threat (if they threatened him with a weapon he could have fired in self defence). Savvy? But I'm sure you were just being facetious.

PS- If I ever had to cap you Nova there would be no anger in my heart. Feel better?
    I admire Saxon dispassion.