Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Madonna To Palin: No Tickets For You! 
    Madonna: 'Palin Can't Come to My Show'
    Tuesday, October 07, 2008

E-Mail Respond Print Share:

AP

Aug. 23, 2008. Madonna performs on stage at the premiere of her 'Sticky and Sweet' tour at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium in Wales.
    Madonna is clearly not a fan of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

During the U.S. kickoff of her "Sticky and Sweet" tour at the Meadowlands in New Jersey on Saturday night, she shouted: "Sarah Palin can't come to my party. Sarah Palin can't come to my show. It's nothing personal," according to the New York Post's Page Six gossip column.

Well, that's it then. Without the all important geriatric-slut vote, Palin is finished.

FOX

How could she not want to see this woman gyrating her pelvis:

3. #3 Go 
    Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    How could she not want to see this woman gyrating her pelvis:

I thought Madonna didn't have a Mom? Oh that's her! Silly me.:o
    ________
    Xv920r
    Last edited by Scarlet; 04-18-2011 at 06:42 AM.

Banned
    Madonna, as a private citizen, can express whatever opinions she wants about Palin. For those who shape their artistic appreciation around their political beliefs, this may make a difference. If so, don't watch her or buy her albums. I'm sure this will dramatically affect her bottom line.

However, I, for one, think she is one of the finest popular artists of the latter half of the twentieth century. She revolutionized the solo woman performer's niche and combined some wonderful video with music. She was/is a true product of the MTV generation. While I first saw her in the "Like a Virgin" video, which was, for its time, extremely sexy and daring, my favorite is this one...

Sweet Sarah will be an interesting footnote in the history books while people are still watching and listening to Madonna.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Madonna, as a private citizen, can express whatever opinions she wants about Palin.
    No one disputed that.

Besides, I doubt very much that it's Madonna's call as to who can and who can not get into the Meadowlands with a valid ticket.
    Be Not Afraid.

Stay in the UK baby. Score one for America in letting this heffer out to pasture overseas.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Aww, poor Palin!

Now, she won't get to see a hideous, cantankerous woman in her early fifties strutting around on stage, dressing and dancing like an 18 year old! sarc.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post

However, I, for one, think she is one of the finest popular artists of the latter half of the twentieth century.
    She is a nasty whore.Her claim to fame was her ability to shock people. We got over her a long time ago. She never got over herself.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    She is a nasty whore.Her claim to fame was her ability to shock people. We got over her a long time ago. She never got over herself.
    Based upon album sales, I would say that's probably not true. Divorce her of all politics, all social commentary, and "virginity," and simply listen to her albums. She has a wonderful voice.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Shaaaaaanons right. She doesn't have the talent required to make it anymore once she ran out of tricks, she is reduced to sampling riffs and melodies out of other tracks to stay in the charts.