Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    You're a nut, I like Amy Winehouse music but I will admit I think she is a twit!!

Widen your horizons from Madonna and get into good woman artists, like Sade, or maybe Bonnie Raitt or Susan Tedeschi .

Sweet Sarah will be President while people say Madonna?Who?! (2012)
    That's exactly the point. If you like Amy Winehouse's music (which I don't btw), why do you give a shit about her personal life. Her art is her music.

I like a lot of popular female artists, including Sade, Cindy Lauper, Annie Lennox, and Bonnie Tyler. What you, and other people here don't seem to get, is that unless the political views of an artist overly infringe upon their artistic work, e.g. Tim Robbins, then who cares?. For example, I can certainly appreciate The Boss and The Piano Man, even though they support the eevvviiiilllll Obama! :eek:

And, if you think Sweet Sarah will be president in 2012, I'll certainly take that bet. :D
    Last edited by Cold Warrior; 10-07-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    CW, I don't care about her politics. I'm a Beatles fanatic. We all know what a hardcore conservative John was. Her sluttiness aside, she's just not that talented. She never was. Her sluttiness is what made her famous.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    CW, I don't care about her politics. Her sluttiness aside, she's just not that talented. She never was. Her sluttiness is what made her famous.
    DITTO!......

I have to respectfully disagree with the majority.

I have no clue why she is making a statement about Palin at this time. Maybe because she IS on the downside of her career and any press is good press. Historically, she has not been a raving liberal by any means.

But she did have talent. There are lots of ways to measure talent. Some have great voices. Hers was good. Some have great dancing. She was good. Some write their own music. Not her.

Her talent was to take music written by someone else, figure out the pulse of the world and transform it to a show that turned people on. I admit as an amatuer musician I respect her for her abilities in show business. She walked the walk and talked the talk.

And I agree that Palin will probably be a footnote in 2050 while some people will still remember Madonna. Neither will last to 2100.

Lastly, who gives a darn about what show business people say? I really don't. Unless they do this crap onstage in which case I will not pay to see them. I pay for entertainment and their political views don't belong on stage with their show.

Stay in the UK baby. Score one for America in letting this heffer out to pasture overseas.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

She is a nasty whore.Her claim to fame was her ability to shock people. We got over her a long time ago. She never got over herself.
    I agree. Madonna is a used up old skank and has the intelligence of a celery stick.

On a different note, I wore the hair things and the bracelets. :D

Well there's no man for Madonna.

Madonna and Guy Ritchie Getting Divorced

That's what you get, Madge, for being such a hateful and self-centered bitch. I hope Guy takes you to the cleaners.

Sonnabend
    Sweet Sarah will be an interesting footnote in the history books while people are still watching and listening to Madonna.
    Sarah Palin didn't have to run to Malawi and take someone else's child..she has five beautiful kids of her own.

Sarah Palin got to be Mayor and Governor on her own merits, all Madonna can do is be a slut...and these days she cant even do that properly.

Sarah Palin has been married to the same man for decades, Madonna changes her men more often than she changes her panties.

Sarah Palin is a dynamic, brilliant woman, Madonna is on the skids and on the way down

Sarah Palin has friends, Madonna has hangers on.

Sarah Palin has faith and Christ, Madonna has Kabbalah until she changes to some other trendy religion / fad / belief system / scam.

Sarah Palin, even if she is not elected to the VP office, will still be Governor of Alaska and will influence many places and people, all Madonna will do is "Best of" albums

Sarah Palin will build roads, Madonna's career is roadkill.

Aww, poor Palin!

Now, she won't get to see a hideous, cantankerous woman in her early fifties strutting around on stage, dressing and dancing like an 18 year old! sarc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Was that when wearing one white glove was fashionable? :D
    At the service academies, wearing one white glove at formations meant that you'd been caught doing something after lights out, alone. I always assumed that this was the message that Michael Jackson was sending, but not enough people knew the reference to get the joke.
    CW, I don't care about her politics. I'm a Beatles fanatic. We all know what a hardcore conservative John was. Her sluttiness aside, she's just not that talented. She never was. Her sluttiness is what made her famous.
    She actually did some decent pop tunes when she started out, but she rapidly decended into a slutty persona that became a parody of femininity (especially after her Sex book), and now she's clearly passed her sell-by date. Her only remaining audience is the same gay crowd that flocks to Cher concerts.
    Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    Aww, poor Palin!

Now, she won't get to see a hideous, cantankerous woman in her early fifties strutting around on stage, dressing and dancing like an 18 year old! sarc.
    The stupid thing about this is that Madonna's comment doesn't do anything for anyone. Palin probably wasn't interested in seeing her concert, and Madonna's fan base isn't likely to vote for the McCain/Palin ticket anyway. It's certainly not going to make her into a political heavyweight (can anyone see her hosting a debate? ), or change anyone's mind about anything. All this does is give Madonna a few seconds of controversy and attention, which, let's face it, is the only way that she can get any nowadays. It's just a desperation move by someone on the downward slide.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!