Thread: Madonna To Palin: No Tickets For You!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Resident Grump
    Yeah its OK to not like Bjork, but you have to be living in a submarine to not even know of her.
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=j1KSaUEu_T4

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Since when is Bjork considered high culture? You keep assuming that anyone who doesn't share your taste in music, politics or pretty much anything else is lacking in sophistication. In fact, a lot of your musical choices are pretty pretentious, and most of us have grown past the need to validate ourselves through ostentatious displays of loyalty to pop brand names that will be forgotten in a few years. I find Bjork to be an overblown faux-artiste who has little to say, and since my hearing is confined to the normal human range, her atonal screechings leave me pretty cold. Frankly, she's another example of a celebrity who is trying too hard to shock, rather than just producing good music.
    Hey, she isn't that bad, a lot of real experienced musicians and musical lecturers have a fondness for her. She is not commercial like Madonna (and thats only going to spur on fringe music listeners). How does Bjork attempt to shock people in the way that Madonna did in the 80s?

Eyelids
    Bjork wont just be forgotten in a couple years, shes been having a very successful solo career since 1995 with Post. She's fairly well established worldwide, all of her albums sell over a million copies.

Never heard of her, "Rig for silent running."
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Resident Grump
    Bjork wont just be forgotten in a couple years, shes been having a very successful solo career since 1995 with Post. She's fairly well established worldwide, all of her albums sell over a million copies.
    She's been forgotten now.

Her sales are declining:

1993 Debut Sales: 3,000,000+

1995 Post Sales: 2,510,000+

1997 Homogenic Sales: 2,241,000+

2001 Vespertine 2,000,000 +

2004 Medulla Sales: 1,000,000 +

2007 Volta 804,000+
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Bjork...never heard her 'music'....But I did recognize her from the dead goose dress
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    It is commercial...true, but Manilow is in Vegas. He can't put an LP (showing my age) in the top 10 or create any new music even resembling something fresh.

Madonna simply thrives on controversy. Your point has merit in that I would not be surprised if her latest stunt isn't to generate headlines she can't achieve musically
    Leave Barry alone....:mad:

:D
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Hey, she isn't that bad, a lot of real experienced musicians and musical lecturers have a fondness for her. She is not commercial like Madonna (and thats only going to spur on fringe music listeners). How does Bjork attempt to shock people in the way that Madonna did in the 80s?
    Did you miss the roadkill dress?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Yeah its OK to not like Bjork, but you have to be living in a submarine to not even know of her.
    Well, so long as it's okay to not like Bjork. For a second there, I thought that I was going to be sent to a reeducation camp. Oh wait, Obama may win, so I may yet be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Leave Barry alone....:mad:
    :D
    Barry recently did his own attempt at shocking the vote by refusing to appear on the View because they had one conservative co-host (out of four? five?). He's another leftist loon.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Her sales are declining:

1993 Debut Sales: 3,000,000+

1995 Post Sales: 2,510,000+

1997 Homogenic Sales: 2,241,000+

2001 Vespertine 2,000,000 +

2004 Medulla Sales: 1,000,000 +

2007 Volta 804,000+
    Well Post and Homogenic are definitely her best albums while Volta kinda sucked. Still, it takes one hell of an artist to rack up 5 straight albums that see over a million copies.