Thread: Madonna To Palin: No Tickets For You!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 71
  1. #61  
    Eyelids
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    She's been forgotten now.
    Just so I can get a read on how out-of-touch you are:

    Have you ever heard of PJ Harvey? Chan Marshall? Jenny Lewis?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #62  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Well Post and Homogenic are definitely her best albums while Volta kinda sucked. Still, it takes one hell of an artist to rack up 5 straight albums that see over a million copies.
    Madonna is a has been just like the Magic Negro will be after election night.:)

    McCain for 4 & then Palin for the next 8.:D:)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #63  
    Eyelids
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Madonna is a has been just like the Magic Negro will be after election night.:)

    McCain for 4 & then Palin for the next 8.:D:)
    WTF are you talking about?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #64  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Well Post and Homogenic are definitely her best albums while Volta kinda sucked. Still, it takes one hell of an artist to rack up 5 straight albums that see over a million copies.
    Or one hell of a marketing department.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #65  
    Eyelids
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Or one hell of a marketing department.
    You dont get one of those when you're signed to One Little Indian Records (like Bjork was).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #66  
    Resident Grump
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,767
    Just so I can get a read on how out-of-touch you are:

    Have you ever heard of PJ Harvey? Chan Marshall? Jenny Lewis?
    Here is the room of the people that care

    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #67  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    You dont get one of those when you're signed to One Little Indian Records (like Bjork was).
    One Little Indian is distributed by Virgin Records. They have a great marketing department.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #68  
    Eyelids
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    One Little Indian is distributed by Virgin Records. They have a great marketing department.
    Bjork had good sales to begin with (Debut and Post) because the Sugarcubes got pretty big but Virgin doesn't really market for Distribution-only contracts.

    LCD Soundsystem is one of the best new bands in the world right now and they're on DFA (distributed by EMI), ever heard of them?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #69  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Bjork had good sales to begin with (Debut and Post) because the Sugarcubes got pretty big but Virgin doesn't really market for Distribution-only contracts.

    LCD Soundsystem is one of the best new bands in the world right now and they're on DFA (distributed by EMI), ever heard of them?
    Nope, but then, I'm over 40, and married with two small children. At my stage of life, I have neither the time nor inclination to go clubbing and check out new bands, and those who continue to do so when they hit my age are pretty pathetic.

    But, enjoy it while you can. Twenty years from now, you'll be wondering what that awful noise is coming from the club down the street. ;)
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #70  
    Eyelids
    Guest
    LCD Soundsystem sounds more like the Velvet Underground than some nobody DJ mixing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •