Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 School forces half-naked, sopping wet student to stand outside, frostbite results 
    Power CUer
    School forces half-naked, sopping wet student to stand outside, frostbite results
    http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/03/sc...#ixzz2v2OGYuR4

A Minnesota public high school was so committed to obeying its fire drill policy to the exact letter of the law that it forced a female student–dressed only in a swimsuit, and sopping wet–to stand outside in the freezing cold for ten minutes. As a result, she suffered frostbite.

Administrators wouldn’t let the student retrieve her clothes, sit in a car or wait inside another building, according to WCCO.

The trouble began when a small science experiment triggered the fire alarm at Como Park Senior High School in St. Paul, Minnesota. Fourteen-year-old Kayona Hagen-Tietz was swimming in the school pool for health class at the time. Her clothes were in her locker, and a teacher told her that there was no time for her to change. Hagen-Tietz was rushed outside–still wet and dressed in only swimsuit.

It was 5 degrees below zero in St. Paul that day. With the windchill, it was 25 degrees below zero.

Hagen-Tietz asked to wait inside an employee’s car, or at the elementary school across the street. But administrators believed that this would violate official policy, and could get the school in trouble, so they opted to simply let the girl freeze.

Her fellow classmates, at least, huddled around her to try to keep her warm. And one teacher did eventually lend her a coat.

Still, Hagen-Tietz came down with frostbite on her feet, according to her mother, Eva Tietz, who took her to the doctor as soon as she found out what had happened.

Eva Tietz told National Review that the school was wrong to put a wet, unclothed kid out in the cold.

“Immediately, when they had seen that, they should have had some kind of protocol,” she said in a statement.

Tietz also noted that she would have been arrested for doing such a thing to her child.

“If I had a fire and brought my children out in that condition, you know, I’m sure I would be charged in some way or another if I didn’t instantly bring them into a neighbor’s house or someplace else,” she said, according to WCCO. “The ultimate goal is to keep them safe and protect your children, and, in this instance, they did a really poor job.”

Tietz wants the school to issue an apology and reexamine its fire policies.

The school district issued a statement saying only that it routinely reviews such policies.

Principal Dan Mesick did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/03/sc...#ixzz2v2Oc7RIQ

Any teachers or administrators involved in or witnessing this should be fired immediately. I am tired of constantly hearing about retarded teachers and school officials. These idiots are becoming an everyday occurrence, teaching must be the new haven for people with limited abilities and common sense, if you are incapable of making a living in the private sector get a teaching job.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Any teachers or administrators involved in or witnessing this should be fired immediately. I am tired of constantly hearing about retarded teachers and school officials. These idiots are becoming an everyday occurrence, teaching must be the new haven for people with limited abilities and common sense, if you are incapable of making a living in the private sector get a teaching job.
    How were they to know that water freezes at 32 degrees and below?

C'mon Rock! They're educators not people....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Recycled Roadkill
    Wow, way to hate on a whole sector of society because of some assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by ASquareDealer View Post
    A whole sector of society that don't have to answer for their mistakes because of teachers unions.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ASquareDealer View Post
    What, you see this as an isolated incident? OK, how about some more examples of idiocy in schools:

Child gets suspended because he used his fingers as a gun.
    Child gets suspended because he chewed a pop tart into a shape of a gun.
    Child gets nutritious meal she brought from home taken away and was given processed chicken nuggets instead.
    Child arrested for spraying herself with perfume.
    Child forced strip search because they were carrying $200 cash in their pocket.
    Child arrested because she doodled on her desk.
    Child arrested for bringing a plastic butter knife to school.
    Child charged with a sex crime because he kissed a little girl.
    Child suspended because she brought her Hello Kitty bubble gun to school.
    Child suspended because their keychain had a little gun on it.
    Child suspended for wearing a t-shirt supporting the NRA.
    Child pat frisked in front of her class because she had a paper gun in her pocket.

There are more here: http://news.yahoo.com/daily-caller-p...002008884.html Now, shall I go on or is the point made?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

A whole sector of society that don't have to answer for their mistakes because of teachers unions.
    Yeah, that's the other side of the stupid spectrum. A teacher sexually harrasses students and they get put into the famous rubber room for 13 years and made $1 million in the process. http://nypost.com/2013/01/27/one-yea...rv-teacher-1m/
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

If it was a real fire at least the girl would be warm from the burning building.

They do need a protocol for this situation but I can also understand no matter what the school did (assuming there was a real fire) it would of been wrong. If she was allowed to get dressed and the building was on fire and she was trapped inside that would be really bad also.

Was she the only one in the pool swimming? That seems odd.

"Should have a protocol" my ass, "Should have some damn' common sense" is more like it.

When the taxpayers expect gov't to educate and care for their children this kind of stuff happens.

Public schools suck.