Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Tea Party helps in some places and hurts the GOP in others.

Currently, I don't even know what democrat is in the running to replace Senator Levin. Terry Lynn Land is the republican candidate. She's not a Tea Party candidate, but I wouldn't call her a RINO, either. She is very popular in Michigan and could win. If the Tea Party got behind her, it would likely hurt her in a mostly blue state.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Tell us oh great one, what is the alternative? You at least stand a better chance of getting someone halfway decent voting Republican. Taking your ball and going home like you people did in 2012 gets us what we have now, a president who is pushing his agenda forward by executive fiat. Since you didn't vote, you are directly responsible for this.

Huh?...... Rockn' is suggesting the same thing you are getting butt hurt over.

And you got it all wrong. You still don't get voter dynamics do you?

2 terms of idiocy in Bushy policies are what led directly to your new lord. The Tea party initially formed as a direct response to Bush policies in early 2007...not Obama. Voters vote for what they "real" changes they percieve. The GOP gave us McCain and Romney. So we understood that no real change was coming in 07 or 12'.......But you are right that the tea party stayed home during those elections and helped open some eyes. Hope you can get on board in 16'. Based on what you are saying probably not.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    The Tea party initially formed as a direct response to Bush policies in early 2007...not Obama.
    It will be really hard to convince me that a money bomb on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party in 2007 to fund Ron Paul's campaign is the genesis of the modern Tea Party political movement.

The Tea party initially formed as a direct response to Bush policies in early 2007...not Obama.
    Pull your head out of yer butt d00d. It wasn't Bush's policies... it was, in fact, the Democrat held House and Senate that brought about the TEA party. You can drop the BDS... no really, drop it....
    Hope you can get on board in 16'. .
    We aren't the one's who need to "get on board". The floundering GOP leadership are the one's who do...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Pull your head out of yer butt d00d. It wasn't Bush's policies... it was, in fact, the Democrat held House and Senate that brought about the TEA party. You can drop the BDS... no really, drop it.... We aren't the one's who need to "get on board". The floundering GOP leadership are the one's who do...
    Sorry. Wish I could buy that, but see, I was there with conservatives and libertarians in 05 through 07 watching it go from a few disgruntled to a pretty big revolt on the Bailouts. The majority of the people in the Tea Party hated Bush's foreign policy, his crappy spending like a Libtard ways, and most importantly his sellout to the bailouts.
    The Sarah Palins only came later when it was politically expedient to do so, but most pure movements get coopted at some point.

See once you stop always believing in "It's always the Dummies fault", you start to see the bigger picture of why the GOP has sucked for so long and people like me became sick of the GOP leadership long before it was "popular". People with short memories forget the Bush WAS the GOP leadership and the current crop were the same idiots with the same policies kissing his ass for 8 years that you are now so determined to see "get on board". So, as John Mclain said....Welcome to the party Pal!
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Better make that "welcome to the end" because, as you so high-mindedly set it out, the DUmmies are winning, killing and taking over to the point of the end of the country - and folks of a constitutional mind will no longer exist. Thanks, loads.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Sorry. Wish I could buy that, but see, I was there with conservatives and libertarians in 05 through 07 watching it go from a few disgruntled to a pretty big revolt on the Bailouts. The majority of the people in the Tea Party hated Bush's foreign policy, his crappy spending like a Libtard ways, and most importantly his sellout to the bailouts.
    The Sarah Palins only came later when it was politically expedient to do so, but most pure movements get coopted at some point.

See once you stop always believing in "It's always the Dummies fault", you start to see the bigger picture of why the GOP has sucked for so long and people like me became sick of the GOP leadership long before it was "popular". People with short memories forget the Bush WAS the GOP leadership and the current crop were the same idiots with the same policies kissing his ass for 8 years that you are now so determined to see "get on board". So, as John Mclain said....Welcome to the party Pal!
    BDS... get over it! 1) Algore would've done what, after 9/11? DHS was a big mistake, I'll whole-heartedly agree with you. The TSA... yup, the same.
    2) Kerry.... where would we be?

TEA party was started out of massive distrust in Washington AND the fact that the Dems won both houses. Stop trying to rewrite history! 2010 was the moment to take the reigns.... and from out of nowhere they/we did.

8 years of ass kissing, really? No! I mean, REALLY? I count 6 (with no ACA type sycophants) Now what big guy?
    The people were able to push back amnesty, even though Bush wanted it. How successful were we against ACA, HHHMMMMMMM?

Bottom line buddy, you get to vote. YOU chose NOT TO! McCain SUCKED! ( and I'm from Arizona.... so shut it) Palin was his best shot at attracting people from the right. Romney SUCKED! Who else was there to vote in, hmmmmmmm? Don't sit there and lecture us, like some old time hipster, "I was cool before there was ice"... We get who we get to vote for. Until the Constitution is followed.... we do what we can. We don't cheat! We don't whine... we follow our laws>
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

+10
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

BDS... get over it! 1) Algore would've done what, after 9/11? DHS was a big mistake, I'll whole-heartedly agree with you. The TSA... yup, the same.
    2) Kerry.... where would we be?

TEA party was started out of massive distrust in Washington AND the fact that the Dems won both houses. Stop trying to rewrite history! 2010 was the moment to take the reigns.... and from out of nowhere they/we did.

8 years of ass kissing, really? No! I mean, REALLY? I count 6 (with no ACA type sycophants) Now what big guy?
    The people were able to push back amnesty, even though Bush wanted it. How successful were we against ACA, HHHMMMMMMM?

Bottom line buddy, you get to vote. YOU chose NOT TO! McCain SUCKED! ( and I'm from Arizona.... so shut it) Palin was his best shot at attracting people from the right. Romney SUCKED! Who else was there to vote in, hmmmmmmm? Don't sit there and lecture us, like some old time hipster, "I was cool before there was ice"... We get who we get to vote for. Until the Constitution is followed.... we do what we can. We don't cheat! We don't whine... we follow our laws>

Another buying the myth that "voting" is the way you inact change.

Tell you what. You keep on following the law and "waiting" for the constitution to get followed. You go to the voting booth every November, and writing about how cool your voting skills are on the internets.

We'll keep doing what's gotten guys like Jim Demint, Mike Lee, Ken Cuccinelli and others either directly elected or into the public conscienceness as an option to the Bush era garbage.